Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Forgestar CF5 on 4th gen Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coonass350
Dammit bro, that sounds badass. What are the specs on the engine, if you wouldnt mind giving them out. And I sent you a pm also.
Thanks again for the complement man! Specs below:
B2 Motorsports 408, Advanced Induction Trick flows, 239/243 112 + 3 comp cam, FAST 102/102TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT, ORY into 4" cutout, Bluecat tuned.

Since this is a wheel thread, let me not miss the chance to post another Forgestar pic....

Name:  MyCaratOntonShow_zps6531947c.jpg
Views: 1895
Size:  83.7 KB
Old 09-28-2012, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks...and sounds...awesome Pharmd.

I still don't have a replacement wheel, but just received word from Tony that UPS finally approved the claim (after almost 6 weeks) and that I should have my replacement in the next couple of weeks. I just want to drive my car again!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by thmass6

I still don't have a replacement wheel, but just received word from Tony that UPS finally approved the claim (after almost 6 weeks) and that I should have my replacement in the next couple of weeks. I just want to drive my car again!
Good news, just be prepared if they tell you two weeks it will probably be a month. I had to wait 5 months from the time I ordered my wheels (Fikse) to the time I had them in hand. I know the feeling and it sucks but it will be worth it. Hopefully the weather is still nice so at least you can enjoy it.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thmass6

Damn that sucks it took so long, but at least they are going to take care of it. It's getting colder here in Wisconsin, I think I have about a month before my car goes into hibernation but who knows, the weather has been weird this year
Old 10-05-2012, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a huge fan of having something on my car that no one else has, thats why I bought the C5 magnesium wheels years ago... Those wheels look killer, and bonus, NO ONE ELSE HAS THEM!!! I say do it!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jimmyducati
I am a huge fan of having something on my car that no one else has, thats why I bought the C5 magnesium wheels years ago... Those wheels look killer, and bonus, NO ONE ELSE HAS THEM!!! I say do it!
Ha, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I already did it, almost 4 months ago. Check the earlier posts for pics.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jimmyducati
I have them!!! LOL
Old 10-05-2012, 11:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

These are some great looking wheels.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

At first I wasnt feelin 'em. I really didnt think the 19's would look good on a Camaro. I know thats the way to go on a Trans Am, but in the grey they look really good. I thought the front tire would look way too thin with that size wheel. Since the BBK topic was brought up (a while ago), did either you purchase one/decide on a color to go with? I went with CCW SP500's in the gloss black powder coat. When it came time for the BBK, I went with Baer 6S up front and 6P out back. Not for everyone, but I love it.
Attached Thumbnails Forgestar CF5 on 4th gen Camaro-2011-10-29-14.19.45.jpg  
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

^^I like the wheels, but not the yellow calipers. Like you said not for everyone, but I have to give you props for doing big brakes front and rear. Seems everyone does the fronts and leaves the stockers in the rears.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GrimreaperSS
At first I wasnt feelin 'em. I really didnt think the 19's would look good on a Camaro. I know thats the way to go on a Trans Am, but in the grey they look really good. I thought the front tire would look way too thin with that size wheel. Since the BBK topic was brought up (a while ago), did either you purchase one/decide on a color to go with? I went with CCW SP500's in the gloss black powder coat. When it came time for the BBK, I went with Baer 6S up front and 6P out back. Not for everyone, but I love it.
I have BBK on front (Wilwood SL6), with stock rears. Since my wheels are flat black, and brakes are black, I will be painting the calipers silver in the future. I really wanted to go white (and still might), but the brake dust is gonna be an issue. On my white car, I want to coordinate the color, while making them "pop" out from the black wheels. For racing you don't need BBK front and rear, as the rears already are dangerously close to overpowering the fronts and inducing wheel hop.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Brad, any new pics of the car? love seeing your car man. nice car and nice wheels.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Pharmd: I went with the rears mostly due to asthetics. I didnt want the great look of the Monoblocks in the front with the crappy cast look in the rear, plus having to try and match the color. #2, I got a great deal that I couldnt pass up doing the rears as well. I was afraid that I would have the ABS constantly kicking in with so much braking power, but Ive had these on for a year now and havent had a problem yet. The wheel hop I did experience once during the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational at Road America, but only the one time in a hard braking tight corner. I dont think you'll have to worry about the brake dust as much as you think you will.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Coonass350
Brad, any new pics of the car? love seeing your car man. nice car and nice wheels.
Going racing this upcoming weekend so hopefully will get some new ones.

GrimreaperSS, I re-read my post, I didn't mean to ensinuate that you shouldn't run a front/rear BBK, just meaning that you don't "have" to when racing. Absolutely for asthetics its a much nicer look having the BBK front/rear, just that alotta folks don't have the coin for it. Hopefully I'll see you out at some events, I'm planning to run more next year. Would love to have some more 4th gen support out there.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Teching In

keep the CCw's. If you swapped from a CCW (Depending on which model of course) to go with these, I would think most people would think less of you lol. Just Kidding.

To Each Their Own. But I would stick with the CCW's
Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Pharmd: I didnt take it that it shouldnt be done or anything. I understand why most people only do the CTS-V style upgrade and nothing to the rears. I know by putting CCWs and Baer kits front and rear, I appear to some, to be the kind of guy that has money to toss around. (Not saying you are suggesting that by the way) It took me a year of side jobs and my tax return to get the CCWs, then same the following year for the Baers. When I ordered the Baers, I asked for a 4 piston set-up but they told me this is the way to go. Its not the same as bolting up a set of 6 piston fronts to the rear, the pistons in the rear calipers are appropriately sized (smaller) to be on the rear. What events have you run so far and in what area? The Optima Challenge was my first event, I wanted to wait to start paticipating until I got the brakes. It was a blast, and MAYBE next year I will be able to participate in more events (planning a wedding). Track days arent cheap, especially when you get into multiple events a season!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GrimreaperSS
Pharmd: I didnt take it that it shouldnt be done or anything. I understand why most people only do the CTS-V style upgrade and nothing to the rears. I know by putting CCWs and Baer kits front and rear, I appear to some, to be the kind of guy that has money to toss around. (Not saying you are suggesting that by the way) It took me a year of side jobs and my tax return to get the CCWs, then same the following year for the Baers. When I ordered the Baers, I asked for a 4 piston set-up but they told me this is the way to go. Its not the same as bolting up a set of 6 piston fronts to the rear, the pistons in the rear calipers are appropriately sized (smaller) to be on the rear. What events have you run so far and in what area? The Optima Challenge was my first event, I wanted to wait to start paticipating until I got the brakes. It was a blast, and MAYBE next year I will be able to participate in more events (planning a wedding). Track days arent cheap, especially when you get into multiple events a season!
I attended several before participating (Run to Music City 2011, Mid-West Muscle car Challenge) and this year I ran at Run Thru The Hills (Pigeon Forge, TN), and this weekend plan running at Day at the Strip (Lawrencville, IL). Some of the events are more than others...the MWMCC was like $100 for the weekend, RTTH was like $125, and the DATS is $55 for the weekend. Not too bad. Track days of HPDE aren't that cheap thought. My car isn't setup IMHO yet for road course days yet. So until I can afford to put a few more $$ in it I'm going to stick with AutoX and some of the lower speed events. I just want to get seat time, start learning my car, and get better. What area are you in? Im in for events in KY, TN, IL, IN, OH...in those area's. We might try to tag our vacation around a further away event also. Still need to get me a nice trailer to take the car to these longer events.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Im in the SE Wisconsin area. Im only about an hour and a half from Road America and even closer to Milwaukee Mile, which has started hosting some PDX days this year. I havent gotten a chance to get to that yet, but its sounds likes it about 1/2 the price as a Track day at Road America ($250). Ive done some AutoX stuff with the local Porsche Club ($50) for the day, thats alot of fun. Problem there is that Porsches tend to be a bit smaller/thinner, so its exciting trying to keep my big 'ol Fbody betweeen the cones on their tighter course. The Local SCCA guys run the same day on a seperate course, but there are so many people that I feel its not worth the money ($60-65) to only get to run 2-3 times for the day. Last time I ran with the Porsche guys, I got 14 runs in. I have family near mid-state Indiana and the SCCA has events at Grissom Air Force base down there. Would like to run down there sometime! (Sorry all, I know this is getting far off topic)
Next year, Look into hitting up the Optima Faceoff, wherever is closest for you, if you can. That was a lot of fun competeing with top level builders. Alot of awesome cars and great people. Even with the amount of money spent on a lot of these cars, I never got snubbed by anyone. Everybody was very nice and very willing to talk about there stuff. The one I participated in is airing on SPEED Channel OCT 21st at 1pm Eastern.

Last edited by GrimreaperSS; 10-11-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I feel much more confident about ordering a set of these for my 98 Z now. They are going to be red on my matte pearl white camaro. 18X10 deep concave all the way around wrapped in 295/35/18 BFGoodrich G-Force Rivals.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:18 PM

Default question?

I think that that would be a very good look for a fourth generation Camaro; definitely one of the best ones I have seen lately. cant go wrong with ccw's thought. I was wondering if you could tell me the size and color of the Forgestar wheels in the picture. thanks mike

Quick Reply: Forgestar CF5 on 4th gen Camaro