Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar F14 on NBM Trans Am - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1HIGHLIFE
Felix, could you do me a favor and snap a pic of the spoke to caliper clearance in the front with a measuring tape? I'm thinking about going with deep concave up front, but want to make sure my brakes will clear.
I haven't been visiting the site as frequently over the past few months in a futile attempt to forget that the car is in storage for the winter, but I saw your post and was able to get some pictures of the front caliper clearance.

The lighting is not the best, but hopefully they will give you an idea of what the area looks like. The clearance ranges from about 1.5 inches near the hub to about 2.0 inches toward the back end of the caliper. The brakes are stock.

Larger versions of the pictures are on Photobucket if you need them.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by burnemup!
I would love to know what you paid for them and who you got them through because I priced them through a company called Howieindustries.com priced me at $1350 w/free shipping. He said it would take 6 weeks to receive them. Is there a sponsor on this site I could buy them through?
I paid about the same price shipped, through Nine Ball on this site.

Originally Posted by dws6
Did you do the heater hose in the rear or stock isolators?
I'm using the stock isolators in the back. Regarding how well the tires hook, I have not gotten on it hard enough to get a clear idea, plus I was running all seasons before so the perceived difference for me might be greater.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Felix. I think your offset would clear my calipers seeing as mine are 18x9.5 with a +37 offset and I clear them by .75".

I'll need to contact nineball to see how much it would cost for just two wheels and to verify they would clear.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@Felix... Car is sick! Love the lowered stance with those wheels.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Felix98TA
Regarding how well the tires hook, I have not gotten on it hard enough to get a clear idea, plus I was running all seasons before so the perceived difference for me might be greater.
The Pilot Super Sports are definitely NOT a straight-line/drag race tire, but, save for the 100 treadwear, semi-R compound tires (Toyo R888/Nitto NT-01/etc., and maybe the 200 teadwear Falken RT615K), you would be hard pressed to find a stickier street tire in those sizes for going fast left and right, and braking while lasting a decent amount of miles for the given grip levels.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not sure I follow your statement. Are you saying they are good or not good? I don't care to much about straight line. Obviously a want traction but im not expecting drag radial performance. I bought them for great handling. They have outstanding reviews by independent reviewers and outperformed many including a few of the above mentioned if I remember right. Going off memory now
Old 02-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks killer man
Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes it does, forgot to say that. My bad. I'm not a big fan of this current trend of darker colored wheels. I guess I'm old school. BUT darker wheels seem to look good when the body is darker then the wheel. Car looks really good. Mine is white and while some would say it would look good, I don't think it would look better then a polished wheel.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dws6
I'm not sure I follow your statement. Are you saying they are good or not good? I don't care to much about straight line. Obviously a want traction but im not expecting drag radial performance. I bought them for great handling. They have outstanding reviews by independent reviewers and outperformed many including a few of the above mentioned if I remember right. Going off memory now
Basically, what I am saying is that they are an EXCELLENT street tire for handling/braking/hwy., but not so much for straight line acceleration from a dig (like everyone on here hopes for from EVERY tire they put on, NO MATTER HOW far from a drag radial/slick they may be).

This is because no matter HOW sticky a compound they may use, a handling based tire will ALWAYS have too stiff a sidewall/casing construction to give that desired 'wrinkle wall' type launch/60' that all of the drag racer types soooo wish they would.
Sadly, there is NO 'compromise tire' like everyone somehow thinks there is.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

You suck at taking pictures haha. They look good though.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1HIGHLIFE
Thanks Felix. I think your offset would clear my calipers seeing as mine are 18x9.5 with a +37 offset and I clear them by .75".

I'll need to contact nineball to see how much it would cost for just two wheels and to verify they would clear.
Did you happen to find out about this? I just got a set of the six piston cts-v calipers and am thinking about these wheels. I like how these sit more flush on his car.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry I have not. Haven't had the cash to even make that call. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Going to try and make these fit behind those.
Attached Thumbnails Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar F14 on NBM Trans Am - Pictures-image.jpg  
Old 06-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Felix those wheels give your car a nice modern sports car look. I love the look and I think you pick the perfect color.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Very nice!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Felix can you take some more pics with the front wheels straight, and shooting from the front?
Old 09-01-2013, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burnemup!
I would love to know what you paid for them and who you got them through because I priced them through a company called Howieindustries.com priced me at $1350 w/free shipping. He said it would take 6 weeks to receive them. Is there a sponsor on this site I could buy them through?
Deviatemotorsports

Talk with Tony.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

felix, why did you choose the 42mm offset vs the 40mm that the other's are running?

I'm surprised you didn't have to roll the fender lips in the rear since Dr. Tran did.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Problem?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by No Juice
felix, why did you choose the 42mm offset vs the 40mm that the other's are running?

I'm surprised you didn't have to roll the fender lips in the rear since Dr. Tran did.
Yea, I am really surprised also. I find that on big hits on the highway my rears still rub just a tad even with rolling the fenders. I did not have to BFH any really, but I did have to roll my fenders.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

Felix - can you repost the photos or host them somewhere new since photobucket sucks now ?

Quick Reply: Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar F14 on NBM Trans Am - Pictures