Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

help rear axle/wheel noise!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 03:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help rear axle/wheel noise!!

ok so for a year plus now my car is making a noise in the rear. now i have posted on here before and i never got a straight answer. i tried replacing rear wheelbearings and seals and when i got in there they were fine, so swapped out the seals and tried replacing the rotors and pads...nothing. im running out of ideas on what it could be!! someone said a pinion bearing and i youtubed the noise and that sounds like a high pitched squeel/whine. mine is like a rubbing or a waawaawaawaawaaawaa. Any idea? i know i have heard people say they had the same problem but ive yet to see a solution.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Launching!

Man this sounds exactly like what my brother has on his SS which is currently getting the tranny rebuilt. I will ask him when I get a chance and see what he says. Same stupid squeek in the back that he never took care of, now he has some type of grease splattered all over the inside of his wheel.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check your tires. Mine did the same thing with BFG KDW's after about 8000 miles on the tires. Swapped out the tires and the noise went away.