Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

1.25" wheel adaptor/spacer problems (ARP stud install)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1.25" wheel adaptor/spacer problems (ARP stud install)

Ive been using a 1.25" wheel adaptor for my C5 Magnesium rear wheels for years now and have just ran into my first problem. Last weekend I broke a stud off from the adaptor, so I decided to replace them with ARP studs. Bought a set (.509" knurl for the camaro) and they are the wrong size. Apparently ARP does not make a stud for the exact size i need. So now I either need new adaptors or have to find someone to ream the stud holes out to the next larger size ARP stud. Finding a machine shop in Louisville Ky is proving impossible, everyone says they either don't do that type of work or that it will take 5 hours at $85 an hour...

I know there was a guy online somewere who sold really good adaptors with ARP studs installed, I just cant find the site! anyone know where to get them?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't get your question. You were using an 1.25" adapter (wheel spacer with studs pressed in) and broke it. Then you purchased ARP wheel studs - which part number because there are 2.5" and 3.25"? In either case, if I'm following you correctly, you don't place the ARP studs into the adapter. You need to remove the factory studs and place them in there. Then you need to purchase a wheel spacer.

I guess you can replace the broken stud off the wheel adapter and cut off the excess but that still leaves the flimsy stock studs in. I think my way would be better.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you just need to press out the broken one
and replace it with a stock GM piece or a similiar stock sized one.

Although it is weaker...if it worked for you for this long
you should be ok.

Either that or find a place that makes them spacers with
ARP studs already in them.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: 1.25" wheel adaptor/spacer problems (ARP stud install)