Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

15x7's how wide can i go for track only

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 15x7's how wide can i go for track only

hey guys, im probably going to buy this set of two wheels off an old z28 (like an 85 model or something) from my buddy at work. I'm pretty sure they are 7 inches wide. They have a set of 255/60's on there now and they look like theyre too wide for that wheel. i wanted to go with wider wheels/tires but for 30 bucks for the pair..that's pretty cheap. i just wanted to know what the widest slick i can fit would be. these will be TRACK only tires that is trailered there and back with these wheels tires on. i posted another question earlier about if the 15x7's with slicks would not hook as good as some dr's on my 18x9.5's due to the slicks being alot narrower than the dr's would be (275's) i was coasting through my je%gs catalog and saw that the bfg dr's the 275/50r15 could be mounted on a 7 inch rim WTF?? is this true? that wide with that narrow of a rim? is this a misprint? if not i have my answer..
thanks matt
Old 04-08-2004, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call the tire manufacture or look on their website...by looking at their charts will give you your answers. Nitto 275's are designed for 8-9.5 rims.

Todd@discounttiredirect can probably assist you also as he would be very knowlegable in this area. He should be able to give you a good deal on tires.

That definitely is a very small rim...Are you sure the BS is correct...If they aren't drag rims, they will be heavy...if your concerned with money and are looking for a economical choice of rim, purchase a set of used welds with a better size and correct backspace...

I believe the best choice are Bogart’s, but that is far from what your considering as they are the "Cadillac" of rims. I suggest not doing something twice and end up spending more money in the end.

Good luck

Steve

Last edited by steve10; 04-08-2004 at 10:18 AM.