Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Nasty Blow out last night

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nasty Blow out last night

I'll get some pics but wanted to see what you all thought could of caused it!

Long story short, blew my head gasket in my blazer last night and had to pull out my camaro that's never been in snow out until I can find a winter beater! :'(
Went to get on the highway and luckily only got up to almost 60 and the tread separated from the outer side wall!

I'll get a picture and info on it here soon! Tires all have good tread on them and I haven't seen any rot on them! The car before I got it (few weeks ago) wasn't driven much. In the past 2 yrs it was driven 2-3k miles!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was it stored in a heated garage then taken out in the cold that it is usually never driven in? Might cause something. Dunno.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn that sucks. Type of tires also be a big factor, specially if the car is garage kept and never driven on the snow.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar
Was it stored in a heated garage then taken out in the cold that it is usually never driven in? Might cause something. Dunno.
No It was stored under a cover outside. I didnt have it blocked up but it only sat there for 2 weeks! the guy I got it from did have it stored in a heated garage the whole time he had it!

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Damn that sucks. Type of tires also be a big factor, specially if the car is garage kept and never driven on the snow.
I can definitely say they are not snow tires at all!!! lol! Yea this is the 2nd time its ever been in snow The first time when I picked it up and now!

I know the tire sizes are 245/50/r16 I forgot to look at the brand and everything. They are on stock GM Chrome 16"s

I'm kind of wondering if maybe the tire got low cause I didn't even think to check them when I picked the car up. So maybe I was driving on the side wall and then destroyed it? I hope so cause I'd hate to have to go and replace all these tires!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm interesting, but you might want to get some good snow tires! Dont just do it for the car but for your own security
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Hmm interesting, but you might want to get some good snow tires! Dont just do it for the car but for your own security
Oh yea, for sure! I'm hoping to have the car back into storage by the end of the month hopefully! But for right now funds are tight so I'm just replacing the blown tire until the funds get replenished here soon!

I've got a whole set of silver rims I might go and have some used snow tires put on that way I atleast have something and not riding around with the chrome ones for the time I have to drive it!

Quick Reply: Nasty Blow out last night