Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

RTS wheel/tire fitment issue, very close to rear bumper [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RTS wheel/tire fitment issue, very close to rear bumper [pics]

Just got to install the driver side rear RTS wheel and after setting the car back down, noticed the lower rear bumper is barely off the tire. I also have CME so that extra piece sticks out a little further than that. The tire is a Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Pro 275/60-15 and even though the pictures look like the tire is already rubbing, there might be about 1/32 of an inch in between.

My questions are, can I drive it like this seeing it may only rub against the plastic bumper? Could it be something with the alignment of the rear end? I did not try the passenger side yet as the car has to move because of the tight space. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem or similar and was able to fix it short of cutting a little bumper away.

Little more info, car sits on bilsteins and stranos other than that pretty stock back there.
Attached Thumbnails RTS wheel/tire fitment issue, very close to rear bumper [pics]-photo-1-.jpg   RTS wheel/tire fitment issue, very close to rear bumper [pics]-photo-4-.jpg   RTS wheel/tire fitment issue, very close to rear bumper [pics]-photo-2-.jpg   RTS wheel/tire fitment issue, very close to rear bumper [pics]-photo.jpg   RTS wheel/tire fitment issue, very close to rear bumper [pics]-photo-5-.jpg  

Old 08-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Launching!

You could try out some adjustable lower control arms to center the rear end in the wheel well.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are going to have to put on adjustable lower control arms. And most likely trim the bumper.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

can you get some pics of the pass side?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Never would have thought about that, I do have non-adjustable ones so looks like an upgrade is needed. Do they have to be adjusted while loaded or can measurements be taken before the car is jacked up?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

They make on-car adjustable lcas.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by pancho toco loco
can you get some pics of the pass side?
The driver side was the only one finished at the time. I am curious as well and will check it before I finish the whole project this weekend.

Ordered double adjustable LCA's so the problem should be fixed, thanks for the info guys.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spizmo
The driver side was the only one finished at the time. I am curious as well and will check it before I finish the whole project this weekend.

Ordered double adjustable LCA's so the problem should be fixed, thanks for the info guys.
In front of the rear tires there are two body seams that come together in an upside down "T", measure from the face of the tire to the "T" to get them even.

Get bolts long enough to go through the new and old arms stacked on top of each other to get you close as a starting point. Adjust with the rear up on jack stands with the stands under the rear axle.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just get some adjustable LCAs, you shouldnt have to trim the bumper with a 28" radial - they don't grow like a biased ply tire does.

Quick Reply: RTS wheel/tire fitment issue, very close to rear bumper [pics]