Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Anyone try Dunlop Direzza ZII

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try Dunlop Direzza ZII

I am about to buy new wheels for the Camaro (450-500rwhp street car) and looking for new tires too. I have been reading a lot lately on the new tires and the "old faithfulls". I am looking for a 200+ treadwear tire. The car currently is on its 2nd set of Nitto NT05's which i have liked but feel they could be better. I use this tire as an all around tire for DD and aggressive driving. I have read a few good reviews of the Dunlops but curious if anyone on here has them. I really miss the BFG KDW and KD tires of old, before they went to the nasty new tread. I wish they would bring those tires back.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I had some older z1 star specs and loved them, and currently have NT05's. The star specs were old and dried out and still better than the nittos. It's not much help to you now, but I am going to try the Zll next spring as my car is in storage for the winter. Based upon the feedback I have heard from autocrossers and people who track their cars frequently, the Dunlop is an awesome tire with capabilities beyond what it's tread wear rating suggests. If they are anything like the star specs, they can take a good beating.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

'Car Craft' Magazine, of all people, just did an autocross tire test. The new Dunlop Direzzas were rated #1 out of the 6-7 tires they tested. (the Nittos were last....)
Old 11-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read some posts on other forums and guys have been overheating these tires causing increased wear etc. Saw a couple people mentions how easily they get chunks taken out of the tire as well. So i may be looking at other tires. These are still pretty new, maybe I should just wait for more people to use them and review them.

Quick Reply: Anyone try Dunlop Direzza ZII