Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Choice of staggered drag wheels without grinding.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choice of staggered drag wheels without grinding.

Ive seen a lot of various posts regarding different drag wheel setups with slicks/ radials. I'm looking to pick up a set that wont require any caliper modifications lol. The kicker is I'm looking for something dished in the rear. This pic has been floating around a while and this is the look im going for. http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/r...am/Transam.jpg

Is this obtainable on a stock axel width in a 15x10 without murdering your calipers or going with extended studs or is that pretty much the way its got to be lol. I'm looking for spend between 8-1200 on all 4. I was going to g with Billet Specialties till I looked at some of the F body specifics and had seen how little lip there was compared to the standard 15x10's offered. Granted its just me being finicky with how it looks but, I gotta look at it every day so I'd rather it be what I want to see then what I settled for.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by LSX14; 02-09-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:29 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i cant tell, but a big rear lip cant happen on a stock length rear, the only way to get a real dd look on the rear is have the rear cutdown ,and get the right offset wheels, as far as drag wheels bolting right up alot of places have wheels that fit with no grinding, but on a stock length rear some rear wheels have no lip,i love the weld rts but they do nothing for me on a stock rear, looks like they have no lip at all, search for the ddish wheel thread, lots of setups n info in there,
Old 02-10-2014, 05:32 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

honest the streetlites on stock length rear have a decent lip on them , way more than most, if your not happy with that big bucks must be spent, and dont even think of cutting down a 10 bolt i will laugh at you lol
Old 02-10-2014, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with BOB99SS, Street Lites that are F-Body specific will be as close to a decent sized lip to a stock length rear.

Quick Reply: Choice of staggered drag wheels without grinding.