Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How do I inspect a used set of ET Streets before purchase??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I inspect a used set of ET Streets before purchase??

I might have found a local deal on 2 wheels with 26" ET streets (regular ET streets, not the new radials). The tires are supposed to have 5 runs on them, with no street driving.

Question: How do I inspect these things? Is there a way to see how much life is left in them, like a wear bar on a normal street radial? I always see posts like, "ET streets with 75% tread left." How do I verify?

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Old 05-12-2004, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

well they do have a few tread marks cut into them, honestly dude, lemme ask you something. DO you always buy your tires used? Think it would suck to blow out 110mph with 11.5psi in the tire? is that $100 worth a chance.

1 wrecked car with no insurance benefits versus saving $100 thats a tuff call mate.

When i get a set (dr's now) im gonna go new, cause i know it was no off the truck/blem/sale item and know where they stand life wise.

scarey enough going down the 1/4 on ET streets, let alone someone elses shoes
Old 05-12-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tires are only new for one pass. It doesn't matter if you own them from the start or not. After that 1st pass, they are "used" and I inspect my tires before racing, even the ones I've had since new

So anyway, back to the question: Is there a tread depth, or wear mark I can measure?

Sam: If you have first hand knowledge of ET Streets, I'd appreciate the input. Otherwise, please don't use my thread to up your post-count with useless banter. No offense intended, just looking for some constructive help.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

well they do have a few tread marks cut into them

What part of that did you not understand? ET streets can be measured like any other tire. Go lookup the original depth rating on the tire you have in particular and measure.

Sorry i can't tell you how deep they are stock. The manufacture of the tiremaker would have such specs on their website.

sorry to tie up your thread. im gone.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,167 Likes on 759 Posts

www.mickeythompsontires.com

Maybe you can get them to give you a depth measurement to use as a guide.

I can tell by looking at them but I don't have exact measurements around.