Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

spacer or no spacer... help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm new to the wheel department here... But I believe your problem is you have the axle at full droop with the body being held by jack stands.

I think what most people are doing with OE wheels are lifting the car from the pumpkin, so that there is still load on the rear suspension. When doing it that way, the bump stop will be inside the wheel...

From what I have read, there's no problem clearance-wise mounting them that way...
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98ramairguy
WTF I thought it would be fine with no spacers, I figured OEWHEELS .com would steer me in the right direction
Originally Posted by wayland1985
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm new to the wheel department here... But I believe your problem is you have the axle at full droop with the body being held by jack stands.

I think what most people are doing with OE wheels are lifting the car from the pumpkin, so that there is still load on the rear suspension. When doing it that way, the bump stop will be inside the wheel...

From what I have read, there's no problem clearance-wise mounting them that way...
This would be my first time hearing about this but I've got pretty minimal experience as well so it wouldn't surprise me. I know in order to fit my wheels, we knew beforehand that the bumpstops had to be cut, so we cut them out before even sizing up wheels.

I would say the offset is wrong because two of the users above are running 10.5 with 44mm offset and say they fit perfectly with no spacer. But I'm assuming at this point. I doubt oewheels would have messed up that much but it almost sounds like they spec'd the wheels for the fronts, as that is the offset I'm running on the front of my car.

Quick Reply: spacer or no spacer... help!!