Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Opinions on a new wheel setup.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out bonspeed, HRE, and forgeline... expensive brands yes, but these vehicles are not the type of vehicles to be stingy with
Old 04-29-2014, 07:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponti_n_Monte
check out bonspeed, HRE, and forgeline... expensive brands yes, but these vehicles are not the type of vehicles to be stingy with
Nice. Solid advice there. He's got a budget of around $1200 for tires and wheels, and you're recommending wheel brands that cost over $1000 each? Troll.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

I'm considering the same avant-garde wheels and thoes wheels are 19x9.5 +33 and I'm a bit scared of pulling the trigger as the may sit too far our of the fender. Another friend of mine is running a 11 wide with this offset and he is good??? It's enough to make you crazy.
Also ... anyone know our cars hub size? 60.something?

Edit ... Our Hub size is 70.3 ...
BMW ... 72.6 or 72.56 to be more exact.

Last edited by Stuinkuwait; 10-06-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: More information
Old 10-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

On another note ... I found that same wheel in a 43 offset ... vs. the 33 ... 19x9.5 ...

Can somone help me decide?
I know its only like a 1/3 of a inch difference ... but that could be the difference between rub and no rub.
Plus I dont want to have to run a spacer if I dont have to ... they always bothered me.

Im personally thinking the 43 would be better as it would put the rim closer to the fender ... and with a width of 9.5 ... it shouldnt be that close. If it was an 11 or 11.5 I would be much more worried.

I certianly dont want the corvette offset issue that you have with OEM corvette wheels.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace
Really? I never knew they were that wide stock. always thought they were around maybe the 8" area. Idk what width my 20"s are, I'd figured they were 8.5. But doesn't it get more expensive soon as you get wider and wider when it comes to wheels? The site I used (carID) only offered 18" x 8.5, that was the biggest they offered for 18", however, the 20"s they offered had 9-9.5. I think they had 10 as well.

I won't lie, those wheels do fill the wheel wells very well. In fact I thought those were 18"s to be honest. haha

And really I just want to lower it just a bit. Not for racing reasons, just appearance. Even though right now my ride is terrible due to the 20"s. Didn't SS's come with the option of difference suspension as well? Thought I read that somewhere.. But anyway thanks for the link! These prices are a lot lower than I expected, I thought I'd be spending $1000+.

What brand/model of wheels are the rear wheels? Where can I purchase them?

Quick Reply: Opinions on a new wheel setup.