Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

looking for rear tire/wheel size set up help (drag)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for rear tire/wheel size set up help (drag)

I want to buy a rear set of wheels with tires dedicated for track days.

car: 2001 z06 with cai/cat back but have a 100shot on the way.
i plan on runing the front street tires with the rear drag set up so i guess a drag radial is the way to go?

i would also prefer to run a 17'' inch rim because after reading on the net 16s require some grinding and 15s a whole new spindle package...

the question is wat size can i fit without any cuting?
i iniatially wanted to go for hoosiers 28x10 17s but i read not to mix bias ply and radial so lmk wat i should be looking at.

EDIT: ok i have nailed it down to some american racing M torq-thrust's17x10.5 with 7.5'' backspace (44mm offset)
now for tires i could either go for 275/40-17 for near stock fitment but less section width then stock ( would i turn out winner with drag radials?)
OR run 315/35-17 and have 24mm ( 0.9 inch) of tire sticking out the fender with only 1.5'' space between it and fender witch i think has good chances of rubbing on lunch ( i wont be driving these tires on the street so im not worried about bumps much).
i used this calculator http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp with my stock tires being 295/35-18 on 10.5 rim with 58mm offset

Last edited by BlueAndWhite; 07-02-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: looking for rear tire/wheel size set up help (drag)