Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Falken 512 or Continental Conti Extreme?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Falken 512 or Continental Conti Extreme?

I'll be needing new tires for my SS before too long and I pretty much have it narrowed down to 2 choices: Falken 512 or the Continental Conti Extreme.

My SS is my daily driver and we get snow in Kansas, so I'm ONLY LOOKING AT ALL SEASON TIRES.........."summer" or drag radials are not even a consideration.

I know that at the strip I'm at a disadvantage with all-seasons, but until (and if) I get an extra pair of rims with drag radials, they'll have to do. I'm looking for something competent in the snow which will help me hook up on the street and the track.

I've read the Continentals have a reputation for having a soft sidewall, but I would think that the relatively narrow sidewall of the 275/40 would probably mask some of the mushiness......maybe?

I've also read that Falken 502's are junk. I guess the 512 (after reading reviews from different places) are an improved 502.

Any inputs on either of these tires?

Old 05-27-2004, 06:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the continental extreme contacts...Great tire for daily driving. Excellent handling, good grip, much better than the goodyears. Sidewall is more than adequate. Not great for the track. I never get snow, so I can't be of any help there...I've got about 30k on my current set, and they should last about 10K longer.
HTH
Todd