Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Weld RTS 15x4, How many of you went low pad height?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weld RTS 15x4, How many of you went low pad height?

So I want to order Weld RTS wheels for the front of my car. I already have a set on the back and I really like them. For cost reason's I am going to run the 15" setup. I've read almost every link regarding them and I see there are 2 issues:

1-Medium pad height and run the risk of the tire/wheel coming out from the side of the fender

2-Low pad height and it will not clear the stock brakes

I'm curious how many people went with the low pad height and ran a spacer or ground the brakes? I see many people did medium, and I see their stories. I want to hear from those who went the other way, because that is the route I am considering.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have any input? My other question is how many got the medium pad height and had no issues with how it sat?

Most of the threads I have read are just horror stories about how bad it sits. The only consolation I have with going medium pad height is that I have Viking DA shocks with 300# spring, and Its lowered quite a bit which apparently would make the tire actually sit in the well.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do not personally know of anyone who has fit the low pad RTS wheel on the front of a 93-02 F body. Even the old Weld Draglites and Prostars required grinding and a spacer to fit, and those had more clearance than the low pad RTS, so it's hard to say. I personally have the 1.5" backspace fronts and don't mind the look at all.

Quick Reply: Weld RTS 15x4, How many of you went low pad height?