Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Took M&H Musclecar Drags for a quick test ride, they hook! (bias ply for life?!?!?!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 07:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Took M&H Musclecar Drags for a quick test ride, they hook! (bias ply for life?!?!?!)

I've only got about 5 miles and 3 launches on them so far, but I'm pretty happy at this point. Go here to see the tires:

http://www.intercotire.com/html/muscle-car-drag.htm

I've got the "C" tread in a 275/50/15 mounted on 15x7.5 convo pros. Tire diameter is same as stock (~26"). They've got a decent tread pattern, they look like they could shed some water if I got caught in the rain. My plan is to run my stock rims and nittos, except when driving the 120 mile round trip to the drag strip.

Street launches: Car is around 415 rwhp, 4.10 gears, hals were set for street (5-6). As soon as I got onto the road, I caught a clean redlight. I launched at 3000 rpm, dumped it and floored it. They spun maybe 1 turn then hooked, I was able to keep the pedal down, no feathering. To compare to my 17" nittos, the nittos can't hold a dump from 800rpm! Second launch was from 1500-2000 rpm. The tires dead hooked and bogged the car to it's knees.

Being able to launch like that makes me want to forget about cornering all together! I think with some shock tuning, these tires will serve me well in being able to drive to the track, run decent 60 foots, and not instantly crash if it sprinkles. I should be able to run under 12.0 now, so I can stop telling people I run 12's at 115mph (that kind of blows )

I've got pics of them on the car if anybody can host.

-Dan
Old 06-18-2004, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

How do you think these stack up to ET Streets?
Old 06-18-2004, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've never driven ET streets, so the only thing I can comment on is that the M&H tires have a decent water tread. M&H also sells a Cheater Slick that has the "razor treads" like on a ET street, but I wanted better street manners.

I just saw that milan's test'n'tune is cancelled next wednesday, I'll try and get out there on the 30th for some 60 foot times. If they hook at milan on a wednesday, they can hook anywhere!