Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

***nitto Nightmare***

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 11:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a risk you should realize your taking when you spend a shitload for nice rims...theres always a possiblity that something could happen to deface the rim in an instance like what has occurred...and since they are drag radials, theres no way they could have a warranty or policy to cover any damage done by the tire since they are for sure gonna be beat to hell...since thats what they are for, but for your sake i hope im wrong
Old 09-10-2004, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is just my $.02 but this seems to have gotten out of hand. I do not believe that anyone should go boycotting Nitto tires because of a few isolated instances. For every person that has come forward and said they have had problems with Nitto tires, I am sure there are 1000's that have not. All we ever hear about are those who have had problems with them, because like someone said before we share our pain. In comparison I don't come to the board and say "had a great time driving on my Nitto 555's last night." I guess all I am trying to say is that everyone is getting all worked up over a very small percentage of the tires that are out there. I am not saying that does not suck, and i am sure that if it happened to me i would be pretty pissed off and be trying to get reimbursed as well, but as stated before this could happen with any tire not just a Nitto. Manufacturing mistakes are going to happen regarless of how much you try to eliminate them. Yes, the better companies have less mistakes, but find me one that doesn't make any! I have run about ever tire known to mankind at some point and IMO the Nitto's that I had on my C5 were probably the best tires that i have ever owned, they lasted for ever and the traction was very good. I am more impressed with the wear on them though, as apposed to the F1 Goodyears that came on the car these were like night and day diffrence. To sum this all up I just want to make sure that no one who is considering purchasing Nitto tires just looks at a few people who have problems with them (and yes they maybe defective tires from Niitto) and does not take in to account all the other tires that are out there that run fine everyday. Sorry to hear about your rim, and I hope that Toyo comes through for you.
If it was my car and my rim, I'm sure that I would be very upset also!
Old 09-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n2oblkz
If it was my car and my rim, I'm sure that I would be very upset also!
You are absolutley correct, I would be doing everything I could to get some of my money back.

Quick Reply: ***nitto Nightmare***