Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

15" wheels ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15" wheels ???

Has anybody ran a set of the old '70 corvette rally wheels on a 98-02 camaro ?

I am asking because i have the camaro front brakes on my s-10 and really love the old wheels.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wkeracing
Has anybody ran a set of the old '70 corvette rally wheels on a 98-02 camaro ?

I am asking because i have the camaro front brakes on my s-10 and really love the old wheels.
Just so we understand you, you want to use a set of the 15" Corvette Rally wheels on a '98-'02 Camaro, correct? If so, the answer is you can't really do this, as the backspacing on the Rallys is wrong for the late F-body.

A proper wheel for the Camaro will have approximately 6" of backspacing, whereas the Corvette Rally, if it's a factory wheel, will have 4". Therefore, the Rally wheel will stick out 2" further, causing tire interference with the body, and possibly excessive loads on the wheel bearings.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 98-02 camaro was mentioned because I have a s-10 with a brake upgrade (brakes from said camaro) commonly referred to as "ls1 brake swap" in the s-10 world. There is a difference in the brakes where the caliper bracket is close to the wheel mounting surface on the camaro. Older brakes from back in the early 70's didn't have that style of brakes.

I was wondering if anybody had ever tried one of the old corvette type rally wheel on the gen4 camaro's. To see if the rim would clear the caliper bracket or hit it at the wheel mounting surface or if the wheel would hit the caliper out at the outer surface of the rim.

Now as far as back spacing goes, I would be using a 15x4 or 15x5" rim instead of a 16x8 or 17x10 or anything 20 and bigger.

Quick Reply: 15" wheels ???