Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Pewter SS wheel suggestions, photo samples welcome

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Pewter SS wheel suggestions, photo samples welcome

Attached below are photos of my '02 SS. I've owned the car since April of 2007 and the chrome c5 z06 wheels have been on there since about June of that year. The car was bought with 20k miles and now only has 40k. Up front I have 17x9.5's on BFG T/A KDW 2 tires (talk about old and discontinued). The rear tires did used to match, but the sidewall on one tore out and I now have 305/35/18 Toyo r888's on my 18x10.5's. Car should probably be lowered, but my exhaust bottoms out as it is. I do have all other suspension mods done.

All of that aside, I think it's time for new wheels. I've been out of the game for quite awhile now and I'm not really sure what new options have surfaced. I always did like the Fikse FM5 wheels, but they're probably out of my price range (I work in a museum and the pay is "ok.") I'd like to keep the budget around 1000$ and reuse my current tires. Perhaps there is a look-a-like knockoff of the FM5? Looking for chrome or something I can polish. Suggestions are welcome.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

For that price range I like the tt2's myself. I know it's been played out, but i like the design