Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 777
bfg will make the drag radial in your size...they make a 295/35/18

I'm not into drag racing here.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BluethunderWS6
I had a set of KD's on the T/A. They are a great Highway and road coarse tire. I liked the nittto 555r's better for everyday driving. The KD's would just roast compared to a DR under any hard acceleration. They would be my choice for the best all round tire. I enjoyed them very much.
I drove my car with the KD's out back and with Comp T/A's out back. Once they were both heated up, they both stuck like glue. I preferred the KD's because of their superoir handling capabilities. When they heat up, they stick like most drag radials, if not better.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:47 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I never tried to warm them up the way I did with the Nittos. To pricey to kill on purpose. They do hold well on the turns. I did solo II a couple of times with them on. I really liked them, but I enjoyed the Nittos better. But they would still be my first choice if I never went to the track.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

As far as breaking loose when you floor it in first, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. I got on the car hard in first when I was coming out of the tire store after having them installed. Car broke loose because of the turn, but as soon as I straightened back up I got it hard again. I'll have to say I was quite surprised. Normally with the F1's I would chirp the tires between shifts, but with these new BFG's I have to go a lot higher in the rpm band to chirp the tires. Now all I get on hard shifts is alot of tire shake.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
As far as breaking loose when you floor it in first, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. I got on the car hard in first when I was coming out of the tire store after having them installed. Car broke loose because of the turn, but as soon as I straightened back up I got it hard again. I'll have to say I was quite surprised. Normally with the F1's I would chirp the tires between shifts, but with these new BFG's I have to go a lot higher in the rpm band to chirp the tires. Now all I get on hard shifts is alot of tire shake.
Even with all of these good thoughts, I think I am going to go with F1 GS-D3's. They are much cheaper and come in the size I need (285/35-18). Unfortunatly, the KD's are 285/30's, which arent tall enough, and will look funky.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

nitto makes a 305/35 18 dr