Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Anyone had both Firestone SZ50 EPs and Goodyear F1 GS-D3s?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSZSLP
If you dismount and rotate them enough you will get close,but man that gets a little aggrevating,especially when you spin and they come in at say 12,you dismount,remount then they come in 15 ,then put back in same position the 12 was in,and now there at 10 .Also varying the pressure between the lowest recommended pressure to the highest will help with seating the beads to achieve better road force pressure.Lastly after you mount and drive on them for say 5-10k,and take them back,they usually can be "turned" and achieve even better road force balancing .Since this machine has come to my area and I tried it on a set of KDW's,and ended up getting 36k out of them with racing and everything,and they just did touch the tread indicaters,it will always be done to any of ny tires that get done

Thanks for the description - I'm going by there right when they open at 8:30am on Saturday, maybe they'll be willing to do all that tedious stuff if I bring them 2 dozen hot Krispy Kremes.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TTopJohn
Thanks for the description - I'm going by there right when they open at 8:30am on Saturday, maybe they'll be willing to do all that tedious stuff if I bring them 2 dozen hot Krispy Kremes.
Up here they do the road force by the hour@$80.00/hr.,wish they would take them Kremes,usually around 2-3 hours max to get "good enough" status, ,good luck on them!
Old 08-12-2004, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSZSLP
Up here they do the road force by the hour@$80.00/hr.,wish they would take them Kremes,usually around 2-3 hours max to get "good enough" status, ,good luck on them!
Down here they just charge $15 extra per tire (or something similar). I wish they would do it by the hour, I'd throw some $ at them and say work on these for 3 horurs and let's see how good you can get them. Maybe they would take it more seriously then. In fact, last time, after I paid for the road force balance, I caught the guy setting up my tire on the regular spin balance machine, and had to correct him and point him toward the correct machine.