Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

My WS6 with the "ugly" rare wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There a love/hate thing.....you love to hate them . Not my first choice, but its all about what you like....
Old 10-14-2004, 03:27 AM
Teching In

Not bad at all
Old 10-14-2004, 04:34 AM
On The Tree

sorry, sell them
Old 10-14-2004, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mario65
sorry, sell them
ditto
Old 10-14-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like em for the uniqueness . . .
Old 10-14-2004, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

I am assuming you want honest opinions so here goes. You have a beautiful $30k american muscle car, why in the world would you transform the looks of the entire car for the worse with those cheap looking wheels. Christ they look like Walmart hubcaps or something. There are so many wheels out there that make the car look 10X better. Wheels can make or break a car. Stop breaking your car.

Honestly I think anyone complimenting them is simply blowing sunshine up your ****.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
I am assuming you want honest opinions so here goes. You have a beautiful $30k american muscle car, why in the world would you transform the looks of the entire car for the worse with those cheap looking wheels. Christ they look like Walmart hubcaps or something. There are so many wheels out there that make the car look 10X better. Wheels can make or break a car. Stop breaking your car.

Honestly I think anyone complimenting them is simply blowing sunshine up your ****.

Wellllll why dont you tell us how you really feel
Old 10-14-2004, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

I don't mean to insult him and I don't mean to say they look THAT bad. I don't look at the car and think ugly by any means. Its still a nice looking car....I am just trying to make the point that most other wheels will look a LOT better, and you don't have to spend that much $$. For example there is a guy on LS1.com selling four 18" Chrome C5 wheels w/Nittos w/good tread and he just wants a quick sale and only wants $750 for the set.

Last edited by KB99WS6; 10-15-2004 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't mean to insult him and I don't mean to say they don't look THAT bad. I don't look at the car and think ugly by any means. Its still a nice looking car....I am just trying to make the point that most other wheels will look a LOT better, and you don't have to spend that much $$. For example there is a guy on LS1.com selling four 18" Chrome C5 wheels w/Nittos w/good tread and he just wants a quick sale and only wants $750 for the set.

If he likes them, so what?? Why does his car half to look like 75% of the other TA's running around? Because you don't like them? If you want to give input, then just say, there not for me. Hotrodding is a 'customizing world', where everyone stuff can look different, not the way YOU think it should. You can give constructive criticism without being a jerk.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Teching In

They don't look to bad, but I think they'd look MUCH better if they were chrome. They're very unique, didn't know they made those.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by psykoTa
If he likes them, so what?? Why does his car half to look like 75% of the other TA's running around? Because you don't like them? If you want to give input, then just say, there not for me. Hotrodding is a 'customizing world', where everyone stuff can look different, not the way YOU think it should. You can give constructive criticism without being a jerk.
I didn't think I was being a jerk. He made this post looking for opinions (and he had to have known he's get some harsh ones-just look at the title) and I gave my honest opinion. I'd rather have people giving reply's where they explain there position as opposed to meaningless one-liners.

And for the record I do appreciate the fact that they are unique/rare.

PS- before I ever even posted on this thread I posted on your thread and said this about your car:
"Car looks awesome. Another vote that the blue calipers look good & I also thought it was neon at first too!"
So its not like I am just here to bust *****

Last edited by KB99WS6; 10-15-2004 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Here is an honest opinion. My sons and I are always looking at cars on ebay and traderonline. Lately we decided to add another car. I dont know where I saw those rims before I think it was on ebay. My son called me over to see the rims and asked me if I thought they were the ugliest rims I had seen on a Firebird before. I had to say yes. Thats the the plain truth. I didnt give it before but if you really think they are nice they wouldnt get my admiration but astonishment that you would pass on a nice set of......anything else. If it is any consolation i recently bought a set of rims and tires for my Formula because they looked good in pictures. They were butt ugly on the car, so I sold them. You dont have to keep them unless you like them. Just dont ask us what we think anymore.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Mario, sweet looking formula. Can't go wrong with nicely polished TT II's w/17X11's out back
Old 10-15-2004, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

i think they look really good on your car.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

PS- before I ever even posted on this thread I posted on your thread and said this about your car:
"Car looks awesome. Another vote that the blue calipers look good & I also thought it was neon at first too!"
So its not like I am just here to bust *****
The car you speak of is not my car, thats someone else's.
As for everything else. No need to reiterate what I said. Apparently you give opinions differently. ok.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

True, I am very honest and I don't beat around the bush or blow fake sunshine up people's asses.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

See I told you - love them or hate them - that is kind of the point I think. Someone mentioned someone has chrome C5s for sale or something else - EVERYONE has C5s or Z06s or TT2s. I like all of those but I wanted mine to be different. I will be upgrading to 18s eventually and will spend some money to keep up with the car - but at this point I am trying to put some money into performance mods. I HAD to replace the stock ones unfortunately - I loved the ones it had on it. As far as people being insulting - I would not have posted if I did not want honest opinions. I think they are fun because the grab attention - positive and negative!
Old 10-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Teching In

I got the same wheels on my black 2000 ws6 and I cant make up my mind if I like them or not. The only reason I like to keep them because they are rare and original. Personally I like the 17" or 18" corvette thin spoke wheels. I do believe they look better on silver than black.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

They look like the rim design off of my old 1996 Grand Am GT.
This wasn't mine, but you get what i mean.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by casey02ws6
See I told you - love them or hate them - that is kind of the point I think. Someone mentioned someone has chrome C5s for sale or something else - EVERYONE has C5s or Z06s or TT2s. I like all of those but I wanted mine to be different. I will be upgrading to 18s eventually and will spend some money to keep up with the car - but at this point I am trying to put some money into performance mods. I HAD to replace the stock ones unfortunately - I loved the ones it had on it. As far as people being insulting - I would not have posted if I did not want honest opinions. I think they are fun because the grab attention - positive and negative!
well don't make the mistake that a lot of people make and compare what people on the LS1 forums have to where you live. People on these forums are enthusiasts that are a small % of F-body owners that are from all over the U.S. I can tell you I live on long Island and for as long as I can remember I have only ever seen ONE F-body with C-5 wheels in person. And I have seen LOTS of F-bodies around. And for the record they were chrome C-5 wheels on a lowered black WS6 and the car looked AWESOME.

Plus that reasoning only goes so far. For example, there's a lot of BMW's around Long Island but I would still rather have an M3 than a pink ford pinto just b/c the pink pinto is unique and rare