Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

My WS6 with the "ugly" rare wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are lipless and that is the real problem. Lips are not just in but they really are what makes and fbody look like the sports car that it is and not the ricer.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

I understand what you are saying mario and I prefer a lip too....I have 17X9 & 17X11 Boyd Timeless 5's, but I don't agree that its impossible for wheels to look really good on an fbod without a lip, as in the example I gave with the 18" C5 wheels. They really do like nice IMO on a lowered WS6. They in particular look really sweet when moving at slow speeds b/c they really chop sweetly! Here's a couple pics:

Last edited by KB99WS6; 10-16-2004 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

And here is my car, with the lip on the wheels same as yours, only i am not lowered yet

Old 10-16-2004, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet wheels KB99WS6, I just sold a set of 18s on ebay.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks! Look's like you had the identical car except with 18's instead of 17's. How much did you get for them?

I really got a deal on these wheels & tires when I bought them. They were barely used-still virtually new and I only paid $1050. The guy paid over $2k for them with the tires plus a waiting period to get them. But he sold his SS and bought an 03 Cobra and didn't have any use for them anymore. Also he was local so no shipping costs. than I sold my previous wheels/tires for $600 and in the end I paid less than I would have for the cost of new tires which I needed anyway Here are pics when i got them. You can see they are virtually brand new

Old 10-16-2004, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
well don't make the mistake that a lot of people make and compare what people on the LS1 forums have to where you live. People on these forums are enthusiasts that are a small % of F-body owners that are from all over the U.S. I can tell you I live on long Island and for as long as I can remember I have only ever seen ONE F-body with C-5 wheels in person. And I have seen LOTS of F-bodies around. And for the record they were chrome C-5 wheels on a lowered black WS6 and the car looked AWESOME.

Plus that reasoning only goes so far. For example, there's a lot of BMW's around Long Island but I would still rather have an M3 than a pink ford pinto just b/c the pink pinto is unique and rare

That is so true... I second this for where I live as well. Just because its not unique here in a board with us other car maniacs , doesn't mean that it isn't where you live. There are a LOT of other f-bodies around here and I have never seen but one in person with C5s and two with TT2's, one of which was even a V6, but they all looked great.

I remember getting the gm brochure from the year they decided to put those wheels on WS6's... I just couldn't believe they would do that; and they didn't for long.

Of course, this is just one person's opinion and not meant to upset anyone. Unique is great... but at the same time...unique isn't all its cracked up to be... just ask that poor little strange kid from back in school.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

I understand. I personally am a stickler for originality. If your not going original you better move strongly in the direction you are going or you will look cheap. I love the the rims on that red T/A but wouldnt put corvette rims on a T/A for nothing. Here's my sons bubba gump lips on his T/A.

Old 10-16-2004, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

Ahhh.... 19" HP Evo's eh? Nice looking wheels and Black or NMB WS6's are my favorite.Car looks very shiny and well taken care of. I think I might like you TTII's a little better than the Evo's though. I just like all polished aluminum or chrome wheels the best. Anyhow, thanks for the compliment on my red WS6 by the way.

I also wanted to throw in real quick, that although some of us arent fans of his wheels, I think its really cool how the original poster of the thread has a great attitude about it. Sorry for Hijacking the thread by the way, but at least we are keeping it up top
Old 10-16-2004, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahhh.... 19" HP Evo's eh? Nice looking wheels and Black or NMB WS6's are my favorite.Car looks very shiny and well taken care of. I think I might like you TTII's a little better than the Evo's though. I just like all polished aluminum or chrome wheels the best. Anyhow, thanks for the compliment on my red WS6 by the way.

I also wanted to throw in real quick, that although some of us arent fans of his wheels, I think its really cool how the original poster of the thread has a great attitude about it. Sorry for Hijacking the thread by the way, but at least we are keeping it up top

personally i think those wheels are hideous as well as the original ones posted in this thread....
i love TT2's though...actually TT2s and FM5s are the only wheels i would put on my car...i love both of them
Old 10-16-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, thats one finicky dude, lol. And a very bold statement about the TTII's and FM5's...both awesome looking wheels, no doubt, but there are lots of gorgeous polished rims out there including CCW, Iforged, HRE and Boyd's for starters....
Old 10-16-2004, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

personally i do not like the "busy" looking wheels like fm10's and the ones a few posts up, im a fan of a 'normal' 5 spoke wheel....and i really dont like anything of boyds....i like z06 rims on 'maros, and i like y2k rims on ta's reasonably well...but alot of the other wheels are too gaudy or bling bling for me
Old 10-16-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Well uh....my BOYD'S are "normal" 5-spoke wheels. They are your basic 5 spoke look, hence the name "timeless-5's". Not sure how you can like basic 5 soke wheels but not like my timeless 5's (the red WS6 above)... actually IMO, they resemble FM5's...
Old 10-16-2004, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well, yes i suppose they do resemble fm5's...if looking similar only consisted of them both being 5 spoked, i guess so....
im not trying to insult you or something, dont get offended just because i dont care for boyd wheels...i dont really like the timeless 5', just because, i guess....and i dont much like the 'webbing' between the spokes
Old 10-16-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

No, no dude, its cool...I respect your opinion and i am not getting insulted, i just didn't understand b/c what you were describing as your preferences in wheels seemed a perfect fit for the timeless 5's and it just didn't add up to me...I do agree with you actually that I think the wheel would look better without the webbing. these arent my ideal wheels by any means, i just couldnt pass up the deal. not to say i dislike them by any means, but if i had the choice I'd have me some 18" HRE's, iforged or 19" CCW's. Actually...come to think of it I think the best looking wheels i have seen are 18" TTII's on a WS6. i have always loved TTII's... i don't think you can do much better than them in the looks dept...IMHO...

at the end of the day...to each his own...
Old 10-16-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

at the end of the day...to each his own...
exactly