Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *JC*
Are they an 1 inch thick?
Does your rear tires stick out past the quarter fender?

Do you think the adaptors could be used on the front axle too?
Name:  lowered003.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  101.9 KB
Name:  lowered002.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  103.4 KB

they "sitck out" from the back, but thats bc of how the rear fascia is made, it comes in a little more narrow than the actual fender...if you look at it from above the tires do not stick out past the fenders, and ive never rubbed or hit the fenders once...and you gotta keep in mind you wont have tires near that wide, you will be perfectly fine on the back, i cant speak on the front wheels however, as i have no experience with them
Old 12-01-2004, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also, thats on a lowered car...not sure whether you are or not, but yea
Old 12-01-2004, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

No, not lowered. You did see the PM I sent you right?
Old 12-01-2004, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by *JC*
No, not lowered. You did see the PM I sent you right?
yea...like i said, i know for a fact it will work on the back, i cant foresee any problems with them in the front either, but since i havent done it i couldnt tell you for sure...
my adapters are 1.25'' and that was the exact length of the studs on the hub, i dont see how you could have less than 1.25'' because then the studs would stick through and the wheel would not be flush with the adapter "hub"
Old 12-01-2004, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02blackws679ta
yea...like i said, i know for a fact it will work on the back, i cant foresee any problems with them in the front either, but since i havent done it i couldnt tell you for sure...
my adapters are 1.25'' and that was the exact length of the studs on the hub, i dont see how you could have less than 1.25'' because then the studs would stick through and the wheel would not be flush with the adapter "hub"
Now that is interesting? Say the factory studs are 1.25" long?

Yea, I didn't think the rears would be much of an issue but the front axle is another matter? They are already pretty close to rubbing as they are. If they was pushed out an additional 1 inch or even an 1.25" I have no idea if that is possible?
Old 12-01-2004, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=*JC*]Now that is interesting? Say the factory studs are 1.25" long?
QUOTE]

look at the pic of mine that was posted earlier, you can see the studs and lugs and they are exactly as long as the adapter is thick, so i just assumed thats why the 1.25'' adapter was needed

someone else will have to answer you question on the front, sorry
Old 12-01-2004, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02blackws679ta

look at the pic of mine that was posted earlier, you can see the studs and lugs and they are exactly as long as the adapter is thick, so i just assumed thats why the 1.25'' adapter was needed

someone else will have to answer you question on the front, sorry
No need to apoligise for not knowing about the front axle thing.

I see what you mean after re-examining your PIC. I just assumed since that one company offered the spacers with a 25mm thickness they automatically had researched the problem? Also since I wasn't sure myself I thought I would ask some of you fella's, turns out that was a good idea on my part.

Actually I never expected this thread to go this far? I suppose it's an interesting question with several unanswered questions. Wow, a question about a F-body that has never been researched or answered thourghly is a rare find these days (Ha Ha)

So, where did you get yours? What company? How long did it take to get them? and how much? If it's not a sponsor then just PM me to keep the MOD-gods happy.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i already pm'd you where he got them from in my first pm, i had the same question awhile back and he sent me that pic and the place he got them from as well as some usefull info..
Old 12-01-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 777
i already pm'd you where he got them from in my first pm, i had the same question awhile back and he sent me that pic and the place he got them from as well as some usefull info..
glad i could be of some help