Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

What about flats and tire rotation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What about flats and tire rotation?

I am thinking about getting some 18x9.5s and 18x10.5s. I was just wondering if you guys get your tires rotated or not, it seems impossible with different sized wheels and especially with directional tires. Also, i know alot of people buy an extra rim when they order them just in case they get a flat, but that also seems out of the question since with different sizes and drectional tires, each corner is different.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You really can't rotate unless your running the same tire all around. Then you would have to dismount and remount them all, not really worth it. As for the spare, I carry two cans off fix a flat where my spare used to be. I figure if I get a flat that will get me home and I should be able to get the tire fixed or replaced with in a day.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never worried about it. I go around corners fast so the fronts the corners wear off, and teh rears, well you know . .

As for a flat, if it happens it happens, if it can be patched I get it patched, otherwise I cry when I have to shell out cash for the new tire . . . No need to get an extra wheel . . .