Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

help please !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please !!!

Hey guys...

I just purchase a set of rims and bought new tires, about to change them sometime this weekend, but i have a problem i cant find my "lock" key to unlock the nut that the stock rims have. I have a 2000 TA WS6.

Anyone has any suggestions ??? let me know please

Thanks
Old 04-20-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Same thing happened to me, with a few exceptions:

1. I figured out I lost my key when I started looking for them.

2. I started looking for them because I needed to change a tire that got flat on me.

3. This all happened to me on Easter morning. I drove around in absolute futility trying to find a shop that would be open on Easter, stopping at every gas station to fill up with some air to last me some blocks. The rest is too long to narrate, but it has a semi-happy ending.

Confidently assuming that at least #3 does not apply to you, most tire shops will remove the locks for a couple of bucks, damaging them in the process... Then you just buy new ones from the dealer?

Hope this helps!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Launching!

I had the same problem when I bought my T/A the guy didn't give me a lug key. I went to Sears and bought a socket that was a little smaller, took a hammer and beat it on there and it came right off. Then on the other ones the socket was already shaped to get them off so some light tapping it went on there and they came off....goodluck.