Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

What should I do guys? Tire help..

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do guys? Tire help..

Well I recently picked up a set of black ZR1s with a polished lip for $150 for all 4. I love these wheels, and want them on my car as a daily driver, but am now at a fork in the road. I also have an extra set of SS wheels with BFG Drag Radials on them, and they are 275s, and are my track tires.

I wanted Nitto 315s on the 11 inch wide ZR1s, but don't want a tire that will hook better on the street than I have for the strip. I am thinking that I could make the ZR1s my track wheels with 315 BFGs, but am so confused! I will keep the sets of SS wheels and paint one set black wiht a silver lip. I was planning on those being my track wheels, and keeping the others as safety wheels wiht street tires on them so I can change to them if anything happens.

So what should I do, make the ZR1s the racing wheels, or the SS wheels?
What is a good 315 tire for under $180? Need something that will last with a 4000 stall TC.

Thanks guys and gals
~Kevin
Old 05-06-2005, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
Old 05-09-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, the 11" wheel will give you the choice/opportunity to run a 315 series tire, which is good for added traction, but the additional weight of sure a big tire could hurt your ET as well . . . so . . . i'd run the 9.5" and 11" combo with nice street tires such as BFG's or Goodyears and then use the 9" wide set to run some real nice stickys such as MT's