Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

C5 ZO6 replica and Stoptech ST-40

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 ZO6 replica and Stoptech ST-40

I am currently running the SLP ZR-1 SS style 17x9's with a 50mm offset with my stoptech big brake kit. Due to its spoke design, I have to run 9.5mm spacers on both front wheels. While this is temporary, I do desire to run "OEM style" wheels with no spacers. This is the closest in specs that I found in this forum:

C5 Z06 Corvette Replicas:

17"x9.5" +50 to +56 mm no problems. 275/40R17.

I am looking at the +50 offset since that is closest to the current wheel I have. My question is: does anybody know whether or not this wheel design can clear the stoptech ST-40 caliper with no need for a wheel spacer? I know that this may be a difficult estimate, however I'd really like a rim with spokes that clear, since that is the only trouble that I am experiencing with these brakes. I'll be grateful if anybody can provide a link to a template for that wheel. If they don't then here's the link to the brake fitment chart:

http://www.stoptech.com/wheelfitchar...83-2450-01.pdf

Sorry for this trouble. I've searched the forum, but haven't come up with anything close to what I need. I'll even be grateful for any info, provided it is objective.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of wierd I know, however the spokes and the rim circumference from the Z06 replica (17 x 9.5" +54mm offset) does clear the stoptech ST-40 without needing any wheel spacing.

I performed a test fit order from Discount Tire, and they promised that they will not force me to purchase the wheels if they did not fit. It did.

Quick Reply: C5 ZO6 replica and Stoptech ST-40