Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Refinishing Wheels: How Hard of a DIY Job Is This?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Refinishing Wheels: How Hard of a DIY Job Is This?

How difficult would it be for me to refinish my own wheels? I've got ROH Snypers. Machined face, silver paint everywhere else. I'd like to polish the face and make everything else black. This would be a rattle can job on changing the silver painted parts to black and I think that part will be easy enough. I just wonder how difficult it would be for me to polish the face of the wheel? Would I need to strip the wheel down to bare metal then polish that? All I'd have access to would be a Dremel. Can it be done and if so, how difficult is it? Also, after polishing how would I protect the bare metal? Something like ZoopSeal or the like?

Thanks in advance for any help. This might be my winter project.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

why not do a silver paint and clear coat, that is what i did when i painted the wheel black and polished lip look, it turned out nice.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It can be done, BUT --- it will take a lot of time and patience. I have not done it myself, because I do not have the time, but have had a couple of friend do it to several different types of wheels.

I would also suggest maybe looking into wheels america in dallas, tx -- they have repaired and just finished some wheels for me and always done good work.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually if you go to your local BMW or Mercedes dealership, talk to the sales or service manager, and they can recommend a wheel guy that they use to repair the wheels of the cars on their lot. You'll spend about $50.00 or so, but rest asure it will look brand new. I have had to do this many times. My wife can't drive. Good luck..