Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

dam detail shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005 | 02:58 AM
On The Tree

Default dam detail shop

heres a story that will make aneybody pissd off.. i go a few days a go and have a full deatail to my car.. keep in mind iv ben going to this place for a bout 7 months now .. i see the owner is not in that always wash/wax/vacum etc. to my car so what ever i just want a wash and vacum etc. so as some new guy watching him clean my car im talking to a nother friend i know from there getting his ss cleand up.. i look back i see him spraying wheel cleaner on there so i think no big deal right. as he start to shammy my car down i look at my rims and seen they was all dark and foggy looking. i tryd to clean it off it whoud not come off .. so i ask the guy dude what you sprayd on my wheels he looks and see's he picks up the rong cleaner he sprayd WHIT WALL CLEANER.... with a very larg a mount of asit now the detail shop is paying for all 4 wheels to be repaird.. by a pro.. shop in memphis tenn going to cost that dumb *** aney where from $ 80/ 125 per wheel keep in mind its a carl black blackbird. and its gonna be hard to get that smooth gmmg. paint job back on the wheels.
Old 07-14-2005 | 03:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blackbird-TA
heres a story that will make aneybody pissd off.. i go a few days a go and have a full deatail to my car.. keep in mind iv ben going to this place for a bout 7 months now .. i see the owner is not in that always wash/wax/vacum etc. to my car so what ever i just want a wash and vacum etc. so as some new guy watching him clean my car im talking to a nother friend i know from there getting his ss cleand up.. i look back i see him spraying wheel cleaner on there so i think no big deal right. as he start to shammy my car down i look at my rims and seen they was all dark and foggy looking. i tryd to clean it off it whoud not come off .. so i ask the guy dude what you sprayd on my wheels he looks and see's he picks up the rong cleaner he sprayd WHIT WALL CLEANER.... with a very larg a mount of asit now the detail shop is paying for all 4 wheels to be repaird.. by a pro.. shop in memphis tenn going to cost that dumb *** aney where from $ 80/ 125 per wheel keep in mind its a carl black blackbird. and its gonna be hard to get that smooth gmmg. paint job back on the wheels.
sorry to hear that. hopefully the repair goes right.

that's exactly why i don't let anybody do "any" kind of work on my Z.
LOTS-O-MORONS out there.
Old 07-14-2005 | 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

was it the lip that was all messed up or the painted part too? I'm just curious
Old 07-14-2005 | 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

why would you take your car to a detail shop?

it was bound to happen
Old 07-14-2005 | 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Minimum wage HS kids in a detail shop are not people I would want touching my car... in fact no one besides myself is good enough to clean my car.... no one loves your car like you do.
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SporkLover
Minimum wage HS kids in a detail shop are not people I would want touching my car... in fact no one besides myself is good enough to clean my car.... no one loves your car like you do.
Not true... I'm sure there are some detail $hops that will do a MUCH better job than you could, but remember they are the good $$hops
Old 07-14-2005 | 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

I dont let anyone touch my cars really... Dont trust them morons some places hire, doing crap on the job and such.
Old 07-14-2005 | 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FelixIlka
Not true... I'm sure there are some detail $hops that will do a MUCH better job than you could, but remember they are the good $$hops

I'm sure there are some good detail shops out there.... but no one will do a better job than me
Old 07-14-2005 | 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have someone come out and detail my car pretty often... well its often to me.. I trust this person and I think he would take better care of my car than I do. Heck he has even driven it while I worked so he could detail it. But as for a shop... its all about who does the work. Some people care more than others. It just depends on the person.
Old 07-14-2005 | 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

I detail cars all in my neighborhood and i'm 17. I consider myself pretty good at it. People tell me that they don't wanna drive their cars anymore, they're so clean. So some high school kids can detail cars well. Take a look at some of the pics on my webpage. At least the detail shop is taking care of the wheels.

Last edited by adamp; 07-14-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-14-2005 | 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

I can’t say anything but that sucks man. I detail for a living and nothing like that would ever happen to a car I work on. If I won’t do something on my TA, I would never even think about doing it on a customer’s car. Sounds like a shitty detail shop. I work at a Collision Repair shop that also does detailing. I own a TA and the other detailer had a SOM WS6 and now has a 96 blue/white viper. We treat other people’s cars like our own. I'm 19 BTW and the other detailer with the viper is 20. It's not the age, it's not that no one but you loves your car. It comes done to a shitty shop that will hire anyone that can wash a car. I have been detailing for the past 3years. About getting the wheels back to normal, it all depends on how good the wheel shop is. The place we use has done many special wheels for us, including several sets of Viper wheels. One set came off a 1 of 7 ever made red/gold GTS viper. They fixed all the lips and redid the gold factory paint perfectly.
Old 07-15-2005 | 01:41 AM
On The Tree

i cant lie guys there a good detail shop when the owner or his son works on my car.. now the owner is straight up with me him and his son takes care of my car like it was there own. but ya the lip center cap and center is all fuckd... but the place that is fixing my wheels are pro's they fix my cussin's wheels on his viper.. plus every body talks great a bout there work ill take them there to be re paintd ill see how there work is before i let them do it every thing well be just fine.. i hope
Old 07-15-2005 | 01:57 AM
TECH Resident

that must of been some real toxic **** they put on your wheels, as iv never had anything actually **** up the paint on my wheels. Even when i used whitewall cleaner on my truck, of course i never let it dry on there
Old 07-15-2005 | 05:47 AM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

That sucks but at least they are going to pay for the repair.