Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Any camaro's with BFG T/A KD's 315's

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 03:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any camaro's with BFG T/A KD's 315's

I'm wondering if you can get them to fit with the BFH mod. I've got ZR-1's and going to get some 11X17's in the rear. I know guys with Nitto's don't seem to have any problems with clearance. I like the BFG G-Force T/A KD's and I know they are fatter than the nittos. I'd like to know if they were a bad tire selection for 11X17's for a camaro. I'd like replies focusing on #1 how the g-force T/A KD's fit, and #2 how you got them to fit. Thanks a lot. I hope someone is running them and can tell me how to make it work out. I really like these tires. My SS is lowered with the eibach prokit and I've got an adjustable panhard rod.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Teching In

I've got them on 17x11 CCW wheels (44mm offset) on all four corners of my 2000 Z/28. The car is lowered about an inch and has an adjustable panhard rod. I've only had them on since March and the car is not a daily driver.

That said, I've autocrossed the car a few times. The only rubbing I had was at the nine o'clock position on the driver's side. I tried adding 3/16" spacers, but it still rubbed. Since then, I've done the BFH mod, but haven't had a chance to autocross since then.

I did a track day at Road Atlanta (with the spacers but before the BFH) and didn't have any rubbing at all.

I took the car on Power Tour and had problems with the passenger side outer fender rubbing on the Interstate. Some of the roads felt like cobblestones and hitting bumps at 70-80 mph was enough to make it rub.

Since Power Tour, I've rolled the the rear fenders (same time I used the BFH). I double checked the panhard bar adjustment and the rear axle is centered. I've only put 300 miles on the car since then and haven't done any events, but so far no rubbing. The wheels with the spacers clear the factory bumpstops.

As far as the tires go, I've been very pleased. They did well both autocrossing and at Road Atlanta. I had read some reviews that mentioned they didn't do well in the wet, but we went thru some turd-floaters on Power Tour and I never felt them hydro-plane. Plus, they look pretty impressive tucked up underneath.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

my brother is running that tire on the rear of his 17x9.5 Z06 wheels. sidewall bulges out a bit and it did rub, but the BFH mod worked for him.