Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

I Think I Got Riped Off!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I Think I Got Riped Off!!

i ordered a set of wheels and tires from BEST WHEEL last week and was told they would come w/ hankook ventus tires. they were also suppose to come mounted, balanced, and w/ new lug nuts. arrived yesterday and the tires were General Exclaim name brand and the lug nuts were not there and the wheels had not been balanced. i was pissed. calmed down a litle and called them the next day. they said they whould send the lug nuts and to take the wheels somewhere to have them balanced and fax them a copy of the bill for a refund. but they couldnt do anything for me about the tires. said the hankook's were out of stock and i was getting a "better tire". i dont know alot about General tires. but i do know discount tire sells the 4 tires for $576 while i payed $180 more than that. they wouldnt refund me any money or let me send them back w/out paying for shipping both ways and a 20% restocking fee!! which btw is $350. so i guess i'll have to load the wheels in my truck and get them balanced so i can go hang some corners w/ tires i didnt order.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

guess im lucky the sent me the right wheels i ordered!!
Old 08-05-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

dude, like I said in the other thread that you posted in... dispute the charge if you paid via CC.. I don't care if they send me a "better tire".. If it ain't what I asked for.. either call and ask me if it's okay to swap'em for another brand or refund my money!!

And.. they just told you to suck it with balancing too.. Why the hell should you have to pay twice for something when some asshat didn't know his job at their place.. this is BS!..

Call'em and speak to someone with authority!! .. I'd go ballistic !. don't let them bend you over with this..
Old 08-06-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

I also had this problem with a company. I checked online and the supposed "better tire" they sent me were around $30 cheaper per tire than the ones I got.

Dispute that thing.