Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

18 inch Daytons on GTA

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 06:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My personal opinion is that it will look like ***.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wires and sports cars don't mix. I have yet to see one with wires that didn't look stupid. I've seen chrome wires on a 3rd gen that was lowered but otherwise fairly stock and it still didn't look right. I'd stick with the stockers on the GTA. They're my favorite style wheel for a factory F body wheel. I had a set of gray ones on my 86 S10 when I customized that.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Teching In

I'd like to see a picture of your friends bonne.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:19 AM
TECH Addict

i say beaner gets an el camino
Old 10-01-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Get the third gen Firehawk Rims if you can find them. They really bring the GTAs out IMHO.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Snoopjonnyjon
I'd like to see a picture of your friends bonne.
i wish i had pics, he just went to college in MI. I could see if he can send me some, but somehow i doubt he has the means to.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
i say beaner gets an el camino
Too late buddy... I already have one, a 1976 w/ 1974 Laguna S-3 front clip, with a 408 small block, 10:1 compression, 224 degree duration @.050 cam, weind intake w/ quadrajet, heddman headers going into dual 3 inch pipes with resonators dumping right behind the end of the cab under the box. Its got a set of Weld Pro-Stars, 15x5 front, 15x10 rear. Its got some bucket seats from a 1980 Mustang, and an early Hurst Indy-matic shifter ( linkage style shifter, not a cable shifter). Its pretty fast once it gets going, but the stock rear gears (2.73s) hold it back out of the hole. Its got too mild of a torque converter too. I built a 3 car garage for myself over the summer, so hopefully I'll have a place to work on it if i move back to the farm once i've worked for a few years (currently in my final year of Mechanical Engineering). Once I get to the bodywork, I plan to do it in either a copper metallic, or a flat black.
Attached Thumbnails 18 inch Daytons on GTA-elky.jpg   18 inch Daytons on GTA-cammedcamino.jpg  
Old 10-01-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"My name is Pall Wall I'm the people's champ". Have you seen the wire's in those video's Seriously though man. I don't think the wires would look good. I see what your getting at but no. Either get some EVo's or keep it stock. Just my .02cents
Old 10-02-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wire wheels scream "I' m stuck in the 80's!" It screams particulatly loud since you would be putting them on a 3rd gen. I' m really not the best person to reply, because I think spoke wheels belong on bikes, classic Jags, Model T's and horse-drawn carriages, In short they should never be used on anything built after 1950 or so. If you want to look like a "G strait out da hood," go for it. If you want people to look at your car, and say "Damn! That' s a nice *** car!" Leave the stockers or find another wheel. Just my 2 pennies.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Teching In

I actually like the idea of my GTA being stuck in the 80's. I don't particularly like the idea of trying to modernize everything. I get quite a bit of flack from my friends about my "mullet" vehicles, but I think an 80's car should have an 80's style to it. Same with my el camino, its a 76 and damn it, i want that thing to look like it was customized that year too. That's why I got some vintage M/T valve covers, a 70's vintage Hurst shifter instead of a modern cable one and the big & little weld rims for it ( actually wish I'd gotten some Keystone's, or Cragar S/S rims to be more period correct). Same reason i'm still running white-wall Gulf Trail-Blazer bias-plies on my 69 International Scout; I took it to an all-International show a few years back and it got more attention than many of the trucks with 10x more money in them, simply because i was running parts that everyone had thrown away 20 years before because they thought they were ugly. And alas, the vehicle i get the most flack for owning, my purple and pink ZX-6 Ninja.... it was 93 and EVERY sportbike had some purple or pink on it, the Ninja was just an extreme example, and I'm leaving it that way, even if the occasional bearded guy on an Electra Glide calls me a *** for riding a pink and purple bike.

But anyways, your probably getting sick of reading this, so here are some picures of my Scout and my 67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster ( all stock for now, but plan to eventually replace the stock points ignition with a vintage Joe Hunt magneto, get a set of clubman bars, and fabricate a set of rear-sets)

But I suppose i really got off the topic of LS1s
Attached Thumbnails 18 inch Daytons on GTA-bsa5.jpg   18 inch Daytons on GTA-bsa4.jpg   18 inch Daytons on GTA-scout.jpg  
Old 10-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by skewba98z28
"My name is Pall Wall I'm the people's champ". Have you seen the wire's in those video's Seriously though man. I don't think the wires would look good. I see what your getting at but no. Either get some EVo's or keep it stock. Just my .02cents
I just downloaded that video for a look, seems he must be in with Mike Jones... a bunch of low-lows and not a 100-spoke rim in sight, they were all sitting on fo-fo's wrapped in fo-vogues. I don't particularly like the look. And for the guys suggesting i'm a G... far from it, I'm a farmer from Saskatchewan, Canada... We vacationed for a month in California every winter while i was growing up, and that's why i got to love the look of a dayton, and absolutely NO ONE has Daytons up here, so i've been deprieved.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

I've got an 87 GTA and have been considering buying a set of 18 inch wire spoke Daytons for it. I'd planned to get chrome rims and hubs, with gold spokes and nipples. I wondered if anyone had any pictures of similar GTA's with these rims, or if anyone would try photoshopping them onto my car?
beaner
Old 10-02-2005, 11:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Darth Z
If you want to look like a "G strait out da hood," go for it.

Thats so ****** corny. i have a hard time finding f-bodies with wire wheels in "da hood" (wherever the hell that is) but whatever. I swear when people are bringing up stupid stereotypes about which wheels a person chooses, its starting to get ridiculous.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by spy2520
i wish i had pics, he just went to college in MI. I could see if he can send me some, but somehow i doubt he has the means to.
how does he like living in flint?
Old 10-02-2005, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

he hates it, i think he's a little homesick and he keeps asking me for advice because i was the only one out of our circle that left for school before. I dont think its that bad, but i'll find out when i go visit, he mainly doesnt like how the part he lives on campus lacks diversity and is a bunch of sausages.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it would look like ***, leave the stock GTA wheels on instead of those
Old 10-02-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Arachnotron
Like this?
lol perfect
Old 10-07-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I actually like the idea of my GTA being stuck in the 80's. I don't particularly like the idea of trying to modernize everything. I get quite a bit of flack from my friends about my "mullet" vehicles, but I think an 80's car should have an 80's style to it.
There is nothing wrong with keeping a period specific flare, taken in moderation. It' s just that some things didn' t look right no matter what they were on or what the situation. For instance, bell-bottom jeans...WTF?! Didn' t look good then and wouldn' t look good now. If you want to keep an 80' s looking wheel, why not go with a commonly used wheel that was used on F-bodies a lot during the 80's? I mean I understand you want something noone else has, but there are other wheels out there. I could pick hundreds of wheels I' ve never seen on an F-body, but that don' t mean they will look good on an F-body. There is a lot to be said for subtle changes.

Originally Posted by spy2520
Thats so ****** corny. i have a hard time finding f-bodies with wire wheels in "da hood" (wherever the hell that is) but whatever.
Sarcasm dude, ever hear of it? If you' ve never seen an F-body in the hood with wire wheels, I truly envy you. My eyes will never be the same. At one time I could have shown you a lot of them but New Orleans kinda got washed out. I have seen a V6 4th gen Camaro in Saginaw (Sagnasty) Michigan, with blingy wire wheels. If you go up there, you can find wire wheels on pretty much anything, from Camaros to minivans.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

instead of doing wire wheels, you should consider 20 inch spinners

Quick Reply: 18 inch Daytons on GTA