Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

I know it isn't a GM, but I really need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I know it isn't a GM, but I really need help

Hey guys,
I'm trying to get a set of wheels for my wife's Audi A6 2.7T Quattro. I am completely lost in the numbers, and am hoping you guys can help.

So far, this is the information i have:

Stock:
Wheel size: 16x7
stock offset:45mm
Bolt Pattern: 5x112

The wheels she wants:
Wheel Size:18x8
offset: 42mm
bolt pattern: 5x112

My main question is (1)duhhh....will these fit(god i hate asking that lame question), and (2) will they look "right" on the car? Can one of the sponsors do some checking maybe to get me a little more in depth info about this?! I can't seem to get any concrete info about this.....supposedly the A6 2.7t quattro cars require some special offset compared to the non turbo non quattro cars, but the Audi internet forums are completely worthless for any info.

Thanks alot guys!!!

Last edited by tim99ws6; 01-17-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have plans to lower the Audi...or just leave it at the stock ride height? Additionally, could you provide some more info on the wheels...stock wheel size vs. new wheel size. The offset is relative to the width of the wheel, so we need that info.
JC
Old 01-17-2006, 08:51 PM
9 Second Club

my bad man, i completely forgot that sorta important fact~! musta been late, or i was tired, or both, anyways, i edited the original post.Thanks for the response man! Also the stock offset is not 35mm, it's 45mm, but like i said it is so hard to find legitimate info about the wheel. I'm about 90% sure the stockers are 45mm offset though
Old 01-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

man those look very simular of my rims.. they should look freakin awesome on that Audi.. i ordered my SSR's through tirerack.com.. you can select your car (audi) on tirerack and it will tell you the spacing and such, and what tires will fit. good luck
Old 01-19-2006, 07:28 AM
9 Second Club

TTT please
Old 01-19-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Hey guys,
I'm trying to get a set of wheels for my wife's Audi A6 2.7T Quattro. I am completely lost in the numbers, and am hoping you guys can help.

So far, this is the information i have:

Stock:
Wheel size: 16x7
stock offset:45mm
Bolt Pattern: 5x112

The wheels she wants:
Wheel Size:18x8
offset: 42mm
bolt pattern: 5x112

My main question is (1)duhhh....will these fit(god i hate asking that lame question), and (2) will they look "right" on the car? Can one of the sponsors do some checking maybe to get me a little more in depth info about this?! I can't seem to get any concrete info about this.....supposedly the A6 2.7t quattro cars require some special offset compared to the non turbo non quattro cars, but the Audi internet forums are completely worthless for any info.

Thanks alot guys!!!
Those are some nice looking wheels.

Unfortunately, I don't know the first thing about Audis and your questions are sorta subjective. I think the following info should help, though:

1) To start, the 18x8" wheels will be 1" wider than stock so you can assume they will grow 0.5" in width outboard and 0.5" in width inboard. Now the offset is 3mm less so that means that on top of the 0.5" growth outboard relative to stock they will shift an additional 3mm outboard. This means that the new wheels would stick out 0.5"+3mm=15.7mm (or 0.62") further than stock and would extend in 0.5"-3mm=9.7mm (or 0.38") further than stock. If you have this kind of clearance on both sides then they should fit without the tires rubbing. Make sure you also consider the impact of this additional width up front when the wheels are turned. This will also help you imagine the more aggressive look it will have.

2) Tires will play a part as well. I assume you'd be looking to try and match the overall diameter of the 16" tires? Also, remember that if the new tire is relatively wider or narrower on the 18" wheel than the stock tire is on the 16" wheel it will affect your numbers in step(1) above a bit. What is the stock tire size on the 16" wheels? Finding a comparable tire size should be easy if we have that info.

3) Are the Audi wheels hubcentric? If so then you will need to ensure that the 18" wheels have the same or larger centerbore diameter as stock. If they are larger then you'll need adapter rings. If the 18" wheels have a smaller centerbore than stock then you're probably SOL.

Hope that makes sense...

Last edited by Fulton 1; 01-19-2006 at 02:05 PM.