Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Wheel Widening Services??????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS69TA
Nice. So I guess it was $200 a wheel including having the welds ground down?
Nope - $175 per wheel plus $25 per for grinding. This was because they're painted wheels. They charge a bit more for chrome because they have to strip it first.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

looks like they re-paint them obv also, good deal.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It appears Weldcraft has expanded their repertoire of services since I had mine done. (And lowered their prices.) I paid $200 per rim for my widening job and they didn't offer the bead grinding service at that time. This was last June that I had this done though. I'm glad to see that the addition of this new service is on par with the level of quality work they were already doing: they did a really nice job of making those beads disappear.

As far as the balancing goes: one thing that really impressed me about these guys was that when we were discussing what wheels I was to have widened they were really thorough in explaining that they put each wheel they operate on through some pretty strict tests before they'll actually cut them. It was actually to the point where the guy told me that they would NOT do the operation if the wheels didn't pass inspection beforehand. He said that if a wheel is out of balance or out of round before it's cut, and they don't "clock" the two halves back together in exactly the same position that they were in before they were split, it would be impossible to ever balance the wheel again. Another thing they did that was a nice touch was mask off all the polished lips on each wheel to prevent any dings or scuffing during handling. These guys definitely aren't some backyard shadetree hackjob artists doing this to make a little money on the side: total professionals. Anybody who's contemplating getting this done but lives far away from Michigan: send them to them anyway, the little extra cost in shipping is worth the quality you'll get.

Last edited by thesoundandthefury; 04-12-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

How much wider can you go? I am looking at maybe turning 8.5in to 11in or is that not even possible?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1Lust
How much wider can you go? I am looking at maybe turning 8.5in to 11in or is that not even possible?
That's how wide I had them make my rears, and they were also 8.5's to start. They have no limit on width, and the price doesn't change no matter what width(s) you specify. (Some places like to charge more the wider you go.)

Quick Reply: Wheel Widening Services??????