Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How bald have you let your tires go? Rear Tires....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, I have run tires so bald my friends used to ask me if I was running Mickey Thompsons! I would say all of you got your moneys worth out of your tires but the risk vs. the reward is not worth it. Trust me from experience a blowout can cost you much more than the cost of buying new tires. Then theres the wet rainy day problem of fishtailing and the scare the **** out of you hydroplane!! If you havent experienced that problem yet just trust me........ you will never run your tires bald again.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by perezpowerbuilders
LOL, I have run tires so bald my friends used to ask me if I was running Mickey Thompsons! I would say all of you got your moneys worth out of your tires but the risk vs. the reward is not worth it. Trust me from experience a blowout can cost you much more than the cost of buying new tires. Then theres the wet rainy day problem of fishtailing and the scare the **** out of you hydroplane!! If you havent experienced that problem yet just trust me........ you will never run your tires bald again.
Yeah I was having dinner at Hooters with some buddies. One of them brought along his dad's 50th ann Z06. After the food we went for a quick run and when I powershifted into 3rd the tires completely let loose and the car fishtailed violently side to side. There was an 8 inch high barrier (center divider) on my left side and the z06 was a little bit behind me on the right side. Close call. My Firehawk stayed parked for over a month before I drove it again. Shame to wreck a nice car.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:18 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not run tires that bald. I do not want a lawsuit coming my way.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ping King
booya!

WINNER!
lol
Old 02-23-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver 00 SS
WINNER!
lol
first i would like to thank englishtown for their lovely cruise night, and the burnout contest....secondly i would like to thank the crowd for cheering me on as i continued to do a 150 ft rolling burnout after i finished my 60 seconds...and lastly i would like to thank my line lock.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tires I posted pics of were the same tires I ran my E.T. in the sig. on. They had little more tread than that, but not much.

Quick Reply: How bald have you let your tires go? Rear Tires....