Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

1 Bogart goes down

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please post up if Bogart (or whoever you bought from) doesn't take care of you 100% - I'm considering Bogarts and this could definitely make/break my decision.

No matter if you're driving on the track, the street, or the autocross, Bogart builds CUSTOM wheels at incredibly HIGH prices, and everytime those prices are questioned, the vendors rant and rave that you're paying for excellent customer service and the finest quality wheel on the market. Hopefully they stand behind their banter.

At least if I bust a Draglite, I know they aren't going to warranty it and I can afford another $150 wheel. Bogarts may be the best looking wheel on the market, but if all that I've read about them taking care of their customers isn't true, the smart money choice is clear.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KOS
sounds like a bogart reps answer to their flimsy wheels(are you a distributor?).........btw i could grab the side of the rim with my hand and bend it easily...maybe i should get my hand detuned next after learning to read a tire gauge
KOS, I HIGHTLY doubt you can bend a wheel with your hand as you've mentioned. If you could do so, you'd be able to do this to any weld or centerline wheel as well. If you can, you are one strong individual.

I'm not sure if your trolling or being honest about a wheel you've purchased. I can't look up your information based on a nickname, send me your information if your having trouble. If your truly a customer of ours, you could easily sell it as many others would be very happy to have your wheels. I certainly do not want a customer to feel they are stuck with something they are completely disatisfied with or can't do anything with now that they have one large paper-weight.

Steve
Old 04-17-2006, 07:00 PM
KOS
Staging Lane

fair enough Steve heres the truth.the wheel in question was a dragon fly(i believe)used on my mustang that had a slight air leak.so while changing the rubber we decided to throw a tube in.we didnt get to 30psi before she split right in half and hit the roof.maybe the weld was cracked somewhere btw the 2halfs?still ive(we)never experienced this type of failure with any other drag wheel in 20yrs! i will see if i can post pix ........looks like a poor weld possibly caused the split.the split looks clean as if somebody cut the wheel in half
Old 04-17-2006, 07:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson
Please post up if Bogart (or whoever you bought from) doesn't take care of you 100% - I'm considering Bogarts and this could definitely make/break my decision.

No matter if you're driving on the track, the street, or the autocross, Bogart builds CUSTOM wheels at incredibly HIGH prices, and everytime those prices are questioned, the vendors rant and rave that you're paying for excellent customer service and the finest quality wheel on the market. Hopefully they stand behind their banter.

At least if I bust a Draglite, I know they aren't going to warranty it and I can afford another $150 wheel. Bogarts may be the best looking wheel on the market, but if all that I've read about them taking care of their customers isn't true, the smart money choice is clear.
Joey,

As you can see, we are very responsive. We certainly do listen and TAKE CARE of our customers. Customer support asside of our outstanding products is something we are proud of.

As a side note, our wheels are not incredibly high-priced, actually many are less expensive then some of the high-end weld wheels...it's a hard comparison to look at our high-end wheels and compare them to another companies low-end entry level wheel like a prostar or draglite.

Even the non-warranty repairs are generally LESS expensive then the cost of a new prostar or draglite!!!

My last comments are: IF someone is having issue or concerns, please contact me directly and I will be happy to assess your situation and rectify the problem.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KOS
fair enough Steve heres the truth.the wheel in question was a dragon fly(i believe)used on my mustang that had a slight air leak.so while changing the rubber we decided to throw a tube in.we didnt get to 30psi before she split right in half and hit the roof.maybe the weld was cracked somewhere btw the 2halfs?still ive(we)never experienced this type of failure with any other drag wheel in 20yrs! i will see if i can post pix ........looks like a poor weld possibly caused the split.the split looks clean as if somebody cut the wheel in half
What is your name so I can look up your information in our database. Please include when you purchased the wheel and any other information so we can find your purchase. Certainly we do not want to leave you sitting with one of our economy fly-series wheels sitting on your desk like a large paper-weight.

Please e-mail me with your information and I will look into this for you.

Steve
Old 04-17-2006, 07:17 PM
KOS
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
KOS, I HIGHTLY doubt you can bend a wheel with your hand as you've mentioned. If you could do so, you'd be able to do this to any weld or centerline wheel as well. If you can, you are one strong individual.

I'm not sure if your trolling or being honest about a wheel you've purchased. I can't look up your information based on a nickname, send me your information if your having trouble. If your truly a customer of ours, you could easily sell it as many others would be very happy to have your wheels. I certainly do not want a customer to feel they are stuck with something they are completely disatisfied with or can't do anything with now that they have one large paper-weight.

Steve
Steve i never purchased the wheels from you and i appreicate your concern and devotion in keeping your customers satisfied.i was going to make an inquirery about obtaining a new wheel to replace the broken one but when we went to change the rear rubber over (15x9s)thats when i grabbed the side of the rim( because i noticed it was slightly bent) and could bend it back and forth(believe it or not) so i was reluctant to take a chance. and i wont sell them to somebody else just to recoup a couple bucks to jeopardize their well being.i would gladly send them back to bogart for a refund.btw they had a seasons on them.....first rubber change!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KOS
...maybe i should get my hand detuned next after learning to read a tire gauge
Guess so

btw, I'm a customer just like you
Old 04-17-2006, 07:38 PM
KOS
Staging Lane

Steve the wheels were purchased in canada at a distributor called the performance cellar, stoney creek ontario under the name Jim Sabine.let me know if you can help me out thx.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

wow look were this went.....
Old 04-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Hey brothers and sisters. Let us not jump the gun here. Give Steve a chance to help out our members. Steve is a stand up guy and will not leave you hanging. Believe me he will do everything in his power to help you out. I have the fortune of living in California where the Bogarts are made. I have been in the shop and it is a top notch shop. I had a slight problem with my front wheels and was taken care of. Ricky Bogart is one of the fabricators and is a cool dude to talk to. He told me that if I ever have a problem just bring it back. That to me is standing up for your product.

I know some of you are out of state. I know it can be frustarting. I have been there. Let the cool heads prevail and give it time.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

i never ment for any bashing of SJM or there product i still believe they make some of the best drag wheels out there and they have great customer service. i have spoken with them and i will just say that they do stand behind there product.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

I've driven my set of Bogarts on the street for weeks at a time (I like to change from the Bogarts to stockers often) against Bogart's recommendations and haven't had any problems to this date. Chris77, it's unfortunate that this happened, but I'm confident Steve will take care of you. Let us know when the issue gets resolved.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KOS
Steve the wheels were purchased in canada at a distributor called the performance cellar, stoney creek ontario under the name Jim Sabine.let me know if you can help me out thx.
KOS,

Since you didn't purchase them through our distributorship/vendors, I do not have any of your information. For the record, the wheels your using is a completely different animal then our billet series wheels. It is engineered quite different. I generally will not advise our fly-series for heavier cars. I'm not sure what your application actually is. Depending on your application, I may have not even suggested the wheel you considered for your setup.

If you would like to take this further, you need to e-mail me all of your specifics w/invoice# and date etc.

Steve
Old 04-18-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
wow look were this went.....
no crap...
Old 04-18-2006, 08:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson

Have you even gotten a price quote?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:08 PM
KOS
Staging Lane

Steve thx for the imput and buy all means i didnt intend on bashing you guys,but when somebody tried to tell me its my fault the rim failed(not you) i get alittle upset.btw i think bogart has some of the best looking drag wheels on the planet!i will try contacting them directly to see what they can do .i also got some pix of the wheel inquestion i will try and post 2morrow if you guys are still interested in seeing.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

One of my wheels were bent when I got it and SJM said it wasnt there fault and UPS said it wasnt there fault. So now I have a bent D10 and it was nobodys fault
Old 04-20-2006, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

You Should Give Steve A Call He Is The Best And Knows His Stuff, Thanks For Your Help On My Order. No Problem So Far.....
Old 04-21-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by z28drag
You Should Give Steve A Call He Is The Best And Knows His Stuff, Thanks For Your Help On My Order. No Problem So Far.....
I did... They dont offer to help at all. They say it was UPS's fault, which is a very likely possibility. But he didnt offer to help out with it or give me a price to check it out for me. Oh well I will take it somewhere local to fix it, lesson learned
Old 04-21-2006, 05:28 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Exclamation

Ok this thread gets the lockdown since it turned into sponsor bashing!

chris77 - AFTER you try to resolve this issue with the vender you may post a thread about it. But until then its lockdown time.

Also we don't need the bandwagon sposnor bashers jumping in here saying "...uh well my friends-sisters-neighbor blah blah......"
And stating that they NEED to stand by their wheel blah blah...... Its a TRACK ONLY WHEEL, not made to go down the highway for long periods of time building up heat, its made to make a pass down the track then thats it. Not a road trip from New York to Cali. or made by any means to autocross and take some turns.
AND see how many DOT wheels you buy for our cars have ANY kind of warranty, at all.

I have driven on my Bogart SS wheels on the street plenty of times for about the past 3 years.

Keep in mind that bad stories get spread around more and faster than good stories.

Peace,
Craig.