Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

My new Budnik 18/19's SWEET!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
They look dirty...why not get a polished lip?
his car doesn't have anything else polished. to quote Shannon "I am not a big bling guy."
Old 04-20-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Shannon, they don't look dirty, they look elegant. You did a good job with the finshes you chose, despite if anyone is stuck on the I need a chrome bling bling whoop whoop wheel lip on my ride. The brushed and grey match your car, and you like them, which is the most important part.

Three piece wheels are a completely different type of animal. This would mean stocking rim halves, in all kinds of different fitments, to the .125" in length, which is alot of inventory to be sitting around on. I think I've talked about his before on this forum, so I'd rather not re-visit Wheel 101. One thing to look out for, for the guys running 11's, from what I've seen they stick out too far, and lowering your car down on them for a nice stance isn't happening. Everyone's going 4X4'in all of a sudden, just to shove an 11" with a bad fitting wheel. If you notice, on Shannon's car, he still has a decent wheel lip, and his tires sit where they should.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonSS
Shannon, they don't look dirty, they look elegant. You did a good job with the finshes you chose, despite if anyone is stuck on the I need a chrome bling bling whoop whoop wheel lip on my ride. The brushed and grey match your car, and you like them, which is the most important part.

Three piece wheels are a completely different type of animal. This would mean stocking rim halves, in all kinds of different fitments, to the .125" in length, which is alot of inventory to be sitting around on. I think I've talked about his before on this forum, so I'd rather not re-visit Wheel 101. One thing to look out for, for the guys running 11's, from what I've seen they stick out too far, and lowering your car down on them for a nice stance isn't happening. Everyone's going 4X4'in all of a sudden, just to shove an 11" with a bad fitting wheel. If you notice, on Shannon's car, he still has a decent wheel lip, and his tires sit where they should.
Well , I sure hope my 11's in my Budnik Hammers I ordered dont stick out to far since I was told that they wouldn't!!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

JonSS, can you give us a ballpark on what a set of 17s or 18s would be with the big lip?
Old 04-20-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

i like the design but the finish is just so dull and boring
Old 04-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

The finish is killing me. I think it would have looked better with a polished lip and a bright or polished center section, but its still a damn nice looking wheel. Love the style. And major props for getting something out of the norm.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

I love the fit in the wheel wells - perfectly sized to me. I think the 10" wide looks good. Some 11" wide wheels look good while others stick out too much. I absolutely love the way those fit the car. I would probably go with polished but that is not the owners style. Nice choice!
Old 04-21-2006, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

I am real advicate of clean lines and simple styling. I swapped all turn signals get rid of unneeded/unwanted color and the same with my taillights. I wanted it simple and clean and the brushed lips glimmer very nicely, but still closely match the color of the car. You really have to see them in person to get the real effect from the brushed/pc grey combo.
As for Polish and stuff like that...I could see them looking awesome on the NBM or black...maybe even red, but on the silver it is just too shinny.

FH212...cant waite to see the hammers on your ride, I almost went with those till I say the modded grooves at SEMA. They should look awesome...esp in 11", I wouldnt worry about fit, rims are Jonny and Jonny does rims...he will do you good.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chev4life
I am real advicate of clean lines and simple styling. I swapped all turn signals get rid of unneeded/unwanted color and the same with my taillights. I wanted it simple and clean and the brushed lips glimmer very nicely, but still closely match the color of the car. You really have to see them in person to get the real effect from the brushed/pc grey combo.
As for Polish and stuff like that...I could see them looking awesome on the NBM or black...maybe even red, but on the silver it is just too shinny.

FH212...cant waite to see the hammers on your ride, I almost went with those till I say the modded grooves at SEMA. They should look awesome...esp in 11", I wouldnt worry about fit, rims are Jonny and Jonny does rims...he will do you good.
I know they will do me right.I just got off the phone with them and my rims are in polish and assembly so they should ship this Thursday.Man I cant wait Im going crazy!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FH212
Well , I sure hope my 11's in my Budnik Hammers I ordered dont stick out to far since I was told that they wouldn't!!!!
I said a "bad fitting" wheel, meaning not custom built like ours. It's the off the shelf, cast wheels from china that i'm referencing. But I understand, they are inexpensive, and not everyone is working off the same budget.

17" wheels normally retail about 450 each. And 18's retail about 575ea. This would be if you were after polished wheels. Brushing, powder coating, chrome, and clear coating are all added options. For example, Shannon's wheels retail for 718.75ea.
-Jon
Old 04-21-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JonSS
I said a "bad fitting" wheel, meaning not custom built like ours. It's the off the shelf, cast wheels from china that i'm referencing. But I understand, they are inexpensive, and not everyone is working off the same budget.

17" wheels normally retail about 450 each. And 18's retail about 575ea. This would be if you were after polished wheels. Brushing, powder coating, chrome, and clear coating are all added options. For example, Shannon's wheels retail for 718.75ea.
-Jon
I figured that is what you were meaning when you said that.No worries here!

Quick Reply: My new Budnik 18/19's SWEET!