C6 Z06's
48.30%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

TTII's or C6 Z06's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C6 Z06 all the way.....TTII's are awesome looking and 18's even better, but the new vette wheels are sweet on our rides....I have reg C6 wheels in 18's wish I had the Z06's.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

the TTII, while popular just GOES with the car....hand in hand...that is clear...i think the z06 lokos cool, but only on vertain colors...certain stances....certain cars...not fit for all IMO....both are cool though

my vote: TTII
Old 07-30-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Check this out, I met a dude at my friends house who wouldnt have liked my Camaro if not for the Z07's. He said he is just sick and tired of seeing the ZR1's and TT2's that he just about hates the cars now. Its personal taste no doubt, if someone doesnt like your choice then fek ehm anyway.
Those are the types of comments I get about mine with the ZO7s. Unfortunately, people are beginning to realize how good they actually look, and they will soon be the next C5 ZO6 wheel...lol
Old 07-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Banned

TT II's. 17x9.5 in the front and 17x11 in the back.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Since there's 3 or 4 guys in here with the Z06's....

I asked this in jason5's post about them but there's more knowledgeable people in here. I'd like these rims...but I don't think 17's would look right (although pic would be great if anyone's are 17's). Tire/rim width is not a big deal to me, so are there any 18" sizes that bolt right on without risky spacers or beating up your car with a hammer? I know people had some issues with the OEM ones but I'm hoping there's offsets for the repros that are plug and play. Also, is it a fair assumption that if I only went 275/35/18 I wouldn't even have to mess with speedo/odo in case I wanted to switch back between 18's and 16's seasonally?

Thanks a ton for any info...it's been real tough to find what I need and even the stickies don't help much because this model wheel is so new.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GoldenBird
Since there's 3 or 4 guys in here with the Z06's....

I asked this in jason5's post about them but there's more knowledgeable people in here. I'd like these rims...but I don't think 17's would look right (although pic would be great if anyone's are 17's). Tire/rim width is not a big deal to me, so are there any 18" sizes that bolt right on without risky spacers or beating up your car with a hammer? I know people had some issues with the OEM ones but I'm hoping there's offsets for the repros that are plug and play. Also, is it a fair assumption that if I only went 275/35/18 I wouldn't even have to mess with speedo/odo in case I wanted to switch back between 18's and 16's seasonally?

Thanks a ton for any info...it's been real tough to find what I need and even the stickies don't help much because this model wheel is so new.
I got the 18x9.5 +40 offset made by topline from tomzwheels. You will be fine with the 27/35/18 tire without having to mess with your speedo. I checked mine on the dyno and my speedo and the dyno speedo where the same. My car is on the second page posted by platinumgta.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by funnelone
I got the 18x9.5 +40 offset made by topline from tomzwheels. You will be fine with the 27/35/18 tire without having to mess with your speedo. I checked mine on the dyno and my speedo and the dyno speedo where the same. My car is on the second page posted by platinumgta.
Great, that's probably what I'll go with then. I was hoping to deal with Tom but wasn't 100% sure he'd have what I needed. Did yours bolt right on or did you need to do the BFH or bumpstop mods? Do you find it rides decent with thinner tires? My car is totally stock other than lid/catback and I want to keep everything as original as possible but I love the rims and my snowflakes are awful. Thanks for the info!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Nope, they bolt right on. No bumb stop or BFH. They also have a +50 offset from tomz's that will tuck in a little more (closer to the car) but I wanted them to be closer to the outer fender so that is why I went with the +40. As for the ride I really could not tell any difference.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Do you have pics? I searched for PlatiumGTA's posts but all I found was a post for 93-97's so I wasn't sure which thread you were talking about. Thanks again for the info. It's been like pulling teeth getting any personal experiences with these rims.....
Old 08-02-2006, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Do you have pics? I searched for PlatiumGTA's posts but all I found was a post for 93-97's so I wasn't sure which thread you were talking about. Thanks again for the info. It's been like pulling teeth getting any personal experiences with these rims.....
They are on the second page in this thread about 7 post down. They are attached so you will have to click on them to get the full size.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was looking for a different thread by platinum. Wow, that car looks NICE with that setup. Guaging opinions on other boards and even this one some people seem to think they look like *** on a 4th gen, but I think I have to go for it. Plus I gave my girlfriend the best pics I could find of all my options with no mention of how common each is or the price differences to influence her, between TT2's, C6's, C6 Zo6's, C5 Zo6's she chose these OVERWHELMINGLY. If I'm gonna drop that much on bling and it's not going on her I should at least keep her happy.

There's no mention in your mod list of anything suspension-related. Is that totally a factory set-up? Just curious if I should expect any more wheelwell gap or that's how mine will look too. Thanks again, and real nice car you got there.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

c6 z06 are sick ill nasty
Old 08-03-2006, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

I was looking for a different thread by platinum. Wow, that car looks NICE with that setup. Guaging opinions on other boards and even this one some people seem to think they look like *** on a 4th gen, but I think I have to go for it. Plus I gave my girlfriend the best pics I could find of all my options with no mention of how common each is or the price differences to influence her, between TT2's, C6's, C6 Zo6's, C5 Zo6's she chose these OVERWHELMINGLY. If I'm gonna drop that much on bling and it's not going on her I should at least keep her happy.

There's no mention in your mod list of anything suspension-related. Is that totally a factory set-up? Just curious if I should expect any more wheelwell gap or that's how mine will look too. Thanks again, and real nice car you got there.
I have not even touched the suspension yet. I do think lowered these wheels will look even better.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Vote for TTll's