Old 05-13-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default silver camaro w/ cragar s/s rims

My friend's '02 Phase IIX Hot Rod Magazine Camaro #1974:

Old 05-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Teching In

I always wondered what happened to Chuck's car when he got ill. I remember when he had the SS hood and Wing put on there to set it appart from the rest. There aren't too many A4 Phase IIX 475 cars around besides that one, John Glister's Daytona Yellow Hot Rod and Dad's car. I believe it was a Phase IIX6 car for a very short time and when Chuck talked to John he wanted the higher compression ratio of the 5.3L truck heads over the LS6 heads that were origionally on the car. The extra low end torque works good with the automatic and is why dad went that route over the LS6 heads after talking with John and Chuck.

I'm glad to see it went to a good home and our Western Michigan Camaro Club sticker is still in the windshield.

Dad was planning on running a SS hood and Wing but ended up going with just the wing and a Dick Harrell hood to be different. To keep the thread on topic here is some pics of the Crager wheels. I just wish you could still get them with the smooth lips like before. (sorry the car is pewter not silver like requested)

Greg

Last edited by SS LS1 MI; 05-13-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Greg, I remember looking at your dad's car both on Hot Rod Power Tour year before this last in Wisconsin and then last year at both Macomb and La Harpe. Sharp car ! ! ! ! Definitely like the D.H. hood. That really sets it apart from the rest ! ! ! Yes, the silver #1974 car found a very good home. Charlie loves it and will care for it the rest of his life. I highly doubt he will ever sell it. I'm glad he bought it so I didn't have to try to.

You and your dad should come down for our show in July. Hawkeye Camaro-Fest 2006 will be held on the campus of Des Moines Area Community College July 8th. Jim Parks has told us he will be there with his Hugger Orange Phase III ZL1 along with Orlen and his '02 Dick Harrell Camaro. I also believe Jeff Gasten will be there with his Phase II Hot Rod Magazine Camaro. From our own club, I will be there with my Phase II #17 ZL1, Charlie with his #1974 Phase IIX Hot Rod Magazine Camaro, Brad with his 2000 Phase IIX Berger SS #PR-1 and Karl with his 2001 #45 Phase I Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS.

I aplogize too from deviating from the intent of the thread.

Quick Reply: pic request - silver camaro w/ cragar s/s rims