Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks
View Poll Results: Would 17x9 Bullet Mustang relica wheels look cool on a 02 Z28?
It would look cool/unique
47.37%
It would be wrong to put Mustang wheels on a Camaro
52.63%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Bullet (mustang) wheels on a 02 Z28?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my black deep dish bullits. I got them for 516 for all 4(17x9 and 17x10.5)

However the bolt spacing is different on a Mustang, but you can still get them for F-bodies.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by subtlez28
Wow, thanks Scotty-Z, that is even my color!!! I may do blk rather than gray centers though...still pondering..
Not a problem.

Although I think I'd go with the charcoal centers instead. I have found that with black wheels, it is often hard to see the shape of the spokes unless you're 10-15 feet away or closer. Any further away than that and the black takes out the distinct shape of the spokes, which would make it hard to tell that you had the Bullitt-style wheels. Black would look good, but also might be too dark (in my opinion) for that color car.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hear what u r saying Scotty-Z, but dark and sinister is what I'm after. I have silver 10 spokes on now, and it is the only bright part, I'm looking for the wheels to blend in not drawing attention. My idea 4 this car is to have minimal flash, maximum substance. I think both charcol and blk would look, good. However I ordered my black centered wheels tonight....plus there is at least 1 monterey maroon running the charcol centers already, right. Thanks again!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

I hear what u r saying Scotty-Z, but dark and sinister is what I'm after. I have silver 10 spokes on now, and it is the only bright part, I'm looking for the wheels to blend in not drawing attention. My idea 4 this car is to have minimal flash, maximum substance. I think both charcol and blk would look, good. However I ordered my black centered wheels tonight....plus there is at least 1 monterey maroon running the charcol centers already, right. Thanks again!
Good point about them looking more mean. That's why I got my black ZR1s too.

Put up some pics as soon as you get them on. I'm sure I'll be saving yours too!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Default ford vomit wheels on a camaro ?

Surely you jest. I would never let you live it down if I ever saw you on the street. There's just too many nice looking wheels out there to choose from for you to make a remark like that. There cheap for a reason. Besides, it only cost a little more to go first class. If you like that style, save up & get the real thing, TTII's.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, lucky for me ls1wfo, you live far from me, so its unlikely u will c me on the street. I want painted centers, and don't c the advantge of overpaying 4 TTIIs. Thanks for taking the time to post, even if it is a little mean spirited. I had a feeling some guys might have issues with the Mustang connection, thats y I did the pole. Not to decide 4 me, just to get a feel for how much resistance was out there. At least I know that the hatred means less people will have the same wheels as I do!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Hambone 7
You'll never get the look you want asking a bunch of 16 year olds whats done to the car their daddy bought them. I say go for it, do what you'd think would be best..
I see your point but... I'm 38 years old. Daddy stopped buying for me a long time ago!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:51 AM
Teching In

thats my brothers car his user name here is Frosty..im sure he will chime in

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/798254
Old 06-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

Popular Hot Rodding did an article a while back where they used the 9 and 10.5 inch wheels a an LT1 Z28.

HERE is the link to that article. They fit the 10.5's in back with no problem. I was looking at those until my tranny died earlier this week.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the pictures posted are of tony's (Frosty) car. i had the pleasure of seeing the car in person and it looks 10x better in person. i liked them so much i ended up getting TT2s which i will powdercoat black for my own car. the bullet grey looks great on his maroon car but would look wacky on my silver car
Old 06-23-2006, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Do these help?

I actually had these saved because I think this car looks killer.

God, what retard owns that car?? Who would put "mustang" wheels on a freakin Fbody.

I actually think those pics suck, I have a few better ones on my car domain page.

Originally Posted by atxz/28maro
http://customwheelsmarket.com/cwm-top-1119-7961b.html

I am considering getting these. but some deep dish bullits would look awesome
I got my rims from that place. I was very happy with their service. They processed and shipped my order quickly, answered all my questions with no attitude and were generally nice people. Talk to Rick there, he's the guy that helped me.

Originally Posted by qwikz28
the pictures posted are of tony's (Frosty) car. i had the pleasure of seeing the car in person and it looks 10x better in person. i liked them so much i ended up getting TT2s which i will powdercoat black for my own car. the bullet grey looks great on his maroon car but would look wacky on my silver car

Thanks
Old 06-23-2006, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

EDIT: Double post
Old 06-23-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

SWEET!! Finally those wheels are available in widths greater than 9 inches! The ZR1's are SOOO getting traded out!

Here's the link to the wheels along with other styles Click Me
Old 06-23-2006, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

...and for the people bitching about "Mustang" rims..um Ford is paying for the design, last I check similar rims were originally on GM vehicles. Not to mention it's the cool thing to do to put 'vette rims on a fbody..last I check 'vette rims don't come on fbodies from the factory
Old 06-23-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Frosty
...and for the people bitching about "Mustang" rims..um Ford is paying for the design, last I check similar rims were originally on GM vehicles. Not to mention it's the cool thing to do to put 'vette rims on a fbody..last I check 'vette rims don't come on fbodies from the factory
o shutup you mustang lover
Old 06-23-2006, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

Damn it! You figured me out!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for chiming in Frosty, your car is sweet! My car is monterey maroon. It was great to get an idea of what my car will look like, although I'm a little bummed the combo has been done already. The black centered 17x9 bullets (w Nitto 555s)are enroute via ups as I type. I'll attempt to post pics (not sure how to do it) when I get them on. The drop looks great on your car. I've considered it 4 my car but do not want a harsh ride. I just sold my lowered 04 silverado, and my wife hated riding in it due to the ride harshness. Is ride quality reduced noticably?
Old 06-23-2006, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

It's not THAT bad with the prokit. Is it a little harsher than stock? Of course but it's not unbearable. It certainly won't be as bad as a lowered full sized truck
Old 06-23-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for chiming in Frosty, your car is sweet! My car is monterey maroon. It was great to get an idea of what my car will look like, although I'm a little bummed the combo has been done already. The black centered 17x9 bullets (w Nitto 555s)are enroute via ups as I type. I'll attempt to post pics (not sure how to do it) when I get them on. The drop looks great on your car. I've considered it 4 my car but do not want a harsh ride. I just sold my lowered 04 silverado, and my wife hated riding in it due to the ride harshness. Is ride quality reduced noticably?
most comfortable springs are hotchkiss (about equally as comfortable as stock). another kicker is the shocks. throw a set of konis in there and be happy

i know i'm talking alot of coin but i'm just tellin you what will be best
Old 06-24-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't mind spending more if it is actually better. I realy think these cars look better lower, but ride is an issue. Is handling greatly improved, or is it primarily looks? Do u need adjustable shocks, or regular konis? I actually had the Hotchkis TVS system (springs and bars) on my o4 silverado. The hanlding was way better, the ride was way stiffer. It was actually a good ride except with that the 4" rear drop only left 2-3 inches of travel (not enough 4 leaf springs!).

Quick Reply: Bullet (mustang) wheels on a 02 Z28?