Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Question about AFS ZR1s on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Well my car is played out anyway since I have TTIIs
Not quite man. Those TTII's on your car are badass, especially since they're charcoal-centered. If I could, I'd have those same wheels.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks, ever since I had the wheels powder coated the car gets a lot more attention. I really liked how it changed the look with something so minor
Old 07-26-2006, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

i've been looking into buying the same 17x11 zr1's from afs. (with the sharp edge) but here's the deal: i plan to leave the oem zr1's on the front. they are in very good condition. what do you guys think that will look like? oem 17x9 chrome zr1's up front and afs 17x11 chrome out back. anyone? do u think its that noticeable that it will look bad? anyone have pics? thanks!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

personally i wouldnt be able to live with that. im a perfectionist, and if i knew they were different rims, no matter how close they look, i wouldnt be able to live with it. my car originally came with the zr1's (97 SS) but i sold them to get my z06's, anyhow, my friend ended up getting them and putting them on his formula, he put two zr1's on the back and left his stock 16 alloy rims on the front. the car looks like dog **** to me just based on that, but he thinks the difference is barely noticable, so to each his own i suppose. it be like walking on glass to me.

and scotty, those chrome zr1's are gonna look ******* on your car! i have powdercoated z06's on my camaro, and i just picked up a local users chrome zr1's for 300.00 !!!!!!!!!! so before you order from a company, check the local boards, you never know.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
personally i wouldnt be able to live with that. im a perfectionist, and if i knew they were different rims, no matter how close they look, i wouldnt be able to live with it. my car originally came with the zr1's (97 SS) but i sold them to get my z06's, anyhow, my friend ended up getting them and putting them on his formula, he put two zr1's on the back and left his stock 16 alloy rims on the front. the car looks like dog **** to me just based on that, but he thinks the difference is barely noticable, so to each his own i suppose. it be like walking on glass to me.

and scotty, those chrome zr1's are gonna look ******* on your car! i have powdercoated z06's on my camaro, and i just picked up a local users chrome zr1's for 300.00 !!!!!!!!!! so before you order from a company, check the local boards, you never know.
Yeah, I remember there's a white SS on here with stock chrome ZR1s on front and 11'' AFS ones in back. Doesn't look terrible and most people wouldn't notice, but to those of us who know better, it would bug the hell out of me.

So your buddy left 16'' painted alloys on front? I'd make fun of him every chance I got.

Thanks for the kind words. I think they'll really help the look of the car when I get them on. I'm pretty picky about wheels though, so I already ordered new ones from AFS last week. Hopefully they'll be here by this Friday