Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Prostars fittment question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Prostars fittment question

Hi guys im new to the f body scene and had a question concerning some weld prostar rims i installed on my 95 camaro. The 15 x 10 rear rims went on with minimal caliper grinding in my case (worn brake pads?) and plenty of inner fender > inner tire clearance when the car is resting on all four wheels but when the car is lifted by a chassis lift and the rear axle goes to full extended travel the inside of my tires touch on the axle bump stops on both sides. I know that while driving the rear axle shouldnt go to full extended travel (extreme hard braking?) but what is the common practice for this? remove bump stops? trim em? dont worry about it? any advice would be appreciated.
thanks in advance jason
Old 07-12-2006, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chas010
Hi guys im new to the f body scene and had a question concerning some weld prostar rims i installed on my 95 camaro. The 15 x 10 rear rims went on with minimal caliper grinding in my case (worn brake pads?) and plenty of inner fender > inner tire clearance when the car is resting on all four wheels but when the car is lifted by a chassis lift and the rear axle goes to full extended travel the inside of my tires touch on the axle bump stops on both sides. I know that while driving the rear axle shouldnt go to full extended travel (extreme hard braking?) but what is the common practice for this? remove bump stops? trim em? dont worry about it? any advice would be appreciated.
thanks in advance jason
Well if you are running 11.50 wide tires thats the problem, I had 28"s by 11.50 and the bumpstop was a problem until I went with 30"x9 slicks but to fit those is another story to fix your problem will be or either get 9" wide tires or grind that sharp piece where the bump stop is and make it smooth, I heard some other people got rid of the bumps