Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Ridiculous wear on inside of tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 07:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ridiculous wear on inside of tires

Had the local shop call me today and say my front tires were jacked up. Checked it out and the inside edge is worn down to nothing. I never looked, cause the outsides have seemed fine. I did lower the car, didn't realize till now I needed to change the shocks, which I intend to call strano for some revalved bilstiens. Is that probably what caused this, or do I have another issue. I've had it aligned regularly, but never seemed to have any alignment issues. Some guys were telling me I need to adjust the camber, or throw in camber plates. I never read anything about it doing searches on here before. I'd hate to chew through a new set of tires. Will the new shocks fix her up?
Old 09-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Launching!

toe being out or a large degree of negative camber will cause this wear...shocks affect handling,they will not cause this type of tire wear.worn shocks will give you choppy or uneven wear around the tire ,but not just inner or outer edge tire wear,they will not change your alignment specs on camaro's or firebird's..camber and caster is adjusted by moving the lower control arm's..as far as i know there are no aftermarket camber plates for 4 gens..only the third gens...
Old 09-01-2006, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

Can anyone tell me how to adjust things to fix this up? Is it something I can do myself or does it require special machinery or tools?
Old 09-01-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Need a front end alignment after lowering, and will need one after the new shocks too . . . .