Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

245's in front, 275's on the back?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as an outsider.....wow...easy Z 2 8.......there was general sarcasm in Trust's first response but he didn't really slam you or anything...

If you ask for everyone's opinion, then be prepared to get someone's OPINION.

You have over-reacted... so please don't thats all....unnecessarily adds to none of us wanting to read this at all. AND...then no one wants to respond cause someone takes something the wrong way.....

I actually took his advice to heart...as I was looking at some 265/35 18s for some 9.5 and 10.5 rims I bought. I was gonna go cheap on tires...265 35 18 widest that manufacturer makes...NEXEN.. and I thought it might not be a big deal..

He was right...pay to play or go home...doing it cheap sometimes just looks that...CHEAP...

That was his opinion, and it helped me....so why can't you save yourself some adrenaline for drag racing, or RiceBashing....something worthwhile
Old 09-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if one had rims in the front meant for 245s and rims in the back made for 275s? Would that be better or worse then 275 all around. I'm talking about handling.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

Why would a NARROWER 245 in the front handle better?!?!! The original poster wanted it for drag racing weight savings. It's NOT going to help you for handling. The wider the rubber you can run, the more grip in the corners it will get.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GETGONE
Why would a NARROWER 245 in the front handle better?!?!! The original poster wanted it for drag racing weight savings. It's NOT going to help you for handling. The wider the rubber you can run, the more grip in the corners it will get.
Vettes run 245 in the front and 285 in the back for some reason. Wide tires in the front are obviously not needed for great handling. When I get nice wheels the rears will be staggered and wider then fronts. So I wanted to know what the effect will be. Wider isn't always better. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Trust
Why exactly would I apologize for you reading my statement wrong, it wasn't meant in any way to be rude, and you were a ***** in response, do you really expect me to be nice back? I mean you did call me an a$$hole when I in no way called names or displayed any behavior to warrant that remark. Why would I be a dick for no apparent reason, it doesnt make any sense. I dont really care what you believe was intended as that doesn't change any facts. Mmk pumkin? Good thing you went with the 275's as they are actually going to help save your rim some if you curb check at all, since they aren't stretched to a tension point.
Honesty, your right. I was having a bad day and when i read your post i took it the wrong way and decided to be a *****...(so, i started this) When you responded with your next post, i defended myself. Sorry for blowing things out of porportion. I shouldn't have taken anything out on you. You were just trying to help and i appreciate that. (Mmk pumpkin? lol, j/k)

I got my BFG G-Force TA's on yesterday and they look wider than my nitto 555r's. I really like the way they look. I'll be getting the front 275/40/17's on soon.

(to myself)
Old 09-16-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dom
Vettes run 245 in the front and 285 in the back for some reason. Wide tires in the front are obviously not needed for great handling. When I get nice wheels the rears will be staggered and wider then fronts. So I wanted to know what the effect will be. Wider isn't always better. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.
It's easier to drive the car with skinnier tires up front, less "rut" wandering.
At the Auto-x and Track Events, a lot of the vette guys will run 315's on all 4 corners.

Quick Reply: 245's in front, 275's on the back?