Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

cleaning aluminum wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cleaning aluminum wheels

is there a soap i can use to clean the inside of my aluminum wheels that wont cloud them up? i have them off the car right now and i want to clean them up really nice.
thanks!
Old 09-29-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wash and rub with a microfiber towel...and by wash, i mean rinse...sometimes i use polish, but i mostly just use wax...but as a side note, its by no means a dd...ive had no problems with this and it always looks killer...but if your aluminum wheels have been abused are "stained" with break dust idk what to tell you....ive seen aluminum wheels that were stained with break dust but have never cleaned a pair up
Old 09-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Teching In

i keep mine in really good shape...i was talking more specifically for the inside of the rim (the side that faces the wheel well) there is brake dust on there that cant be reached when the wheels are on the car.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Teching In

what do you mean by "dd"?
Old 09-29-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dd=daily driver..........mine sits in the garage and comes out for special occasions or shows

and the inside huh, just try polish and then some of that brake dust repellent...its worth a try...you might have to give it a good rub with the polish to get it real nice
Old 09-29-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm not sure what you're referring to. if you're referring to the very inside walls of the wheel that are not polished aluminum like the face of the wheel, (the area behind the spokes), i'd say a Brillo pad. those are by far the best to use for that application. for the spokes themselves, use wheel cleaner. but definitely DON'T use a Brillo pad on the polished part. here's picture of my wheel with the use of a Brillo pad on the inside...