Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Drag Wheels as a Daily Driver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOSJNKY
wow, nice stang...but IMO theres something funny lookin about the wheels...i dunno, i never really did like any of bogarts wheels as far as styling goes...

BTW, i really dig the looks of your T/A...ive always liked the big'n'littles with draglites on T/A's and yours pulls it off to perfection! plus its the best color EVAR(!) for a ws6 (even though im a little biased). maybe when you get the bogarts you can box up the draglits and send them to me....

-cam
Old 10-25-2006, 09:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to clarify a few things regarding the Street/Strip designs. We worked with Rich on them in its infantile stages many years ago and if some recall we discussed a new setup for the F-body on the boards. I was very excited on this one since even the price-point is attractive. These are not a kept secret

It turns out that 15’s don’t work well with the late model LS1 brakes without modifications, changing brakes or using spacers. Even building in a hub pad (see pictures); we still had to add additional material to pull it away from the caliper overhang.

(don’t pay too much attention to the wheels design…the center isn’t welded in on this one…)

The end result was the backspace ends up being less then optimum so we scrapped the idea for the LS1 F-body. Even the larger sizes, since using a 1 piece shell, limited backspace considerations which make them less then desirable for the F-body without modifications.

Typically all components are built in-house; this particular 1 piece shell is not and is no longer offered in 4” widths. We are still currently looking at other opportunities. I’m anticipating the new arrival of the newer F-bodies to see what will come about.

If anyone has additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact me directly. We recently purchased 5 acres of land w/new building so things have been a bit hectic lately…I will certainly be happy to entertain questions or concerns.
Attached Thumbnails Drag Wheels as a Daily Driver?-prototype-rear-welded-rt.jpg  
Old 10-25-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can do it yeah, just be careful (if you're running skinnies) taking sharp/longer turns. You'll notice avoiding potholes is much easier You'll get some funny looks at gas stations too

FWIW, I run mine all the time (see sig) and haven't had any problems. I even got caught in the rain a few times, and it's not really a big deal

Quick Reply: Drag Wheels as a Daily Driver?