Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Are there any downsides to widening the factory 35th anniversary SS rims?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I said that spacers are bandaid and not SJM. Thats just a personal prefference of mine. When your using a spacer it means you dont have the right wheel for the car and your making one fit buy using an adapter. TO ME thats just not a good way to go. And I dont like it for more reasons than just the weight issue. Justified or not I dont like using wheel spacers. Thats all personal prefference. NOW if you want to bu a wheel made for the car talk to this guy. You will get a great deal on proper wheels for your car.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/655349-group-purchase-tomzwheels-black-z06-non-motorsport.html

Or get some Bogarts
Old 03-08-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to get a new set of chrome C6 rims for my 99 TA. 4 of the 19x10 56mm offset versions. They also offer it in a 79mm offset, but they just don't make the 40mm offset I want. In my opinion the 56mm tucks in too far. I want to space each wheel out another 15mm or so.

I only see 2 otions.
a. Get the 79mm versions and use 1.5" adapters all around. This seems to add unecessary weight, though.
b. Or get the 56mm version, longer studs and a 15mm spacer. This seems to be the more logical solution.

Quick Reply: Are there any downsides to widening the factory 35th anniversary SS rims?