Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire pressure poll for 26x10.5x15 ET Streets! I almost lost it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure poll for 26x10.5x15 ET Streets! I almost lost it!

Who ever reads this thread and has run or does run on these et streets please post a suggestion with any other info that I could benefit from.

I have stock suspension with Hotchkis lwr Control arms and sub frame connectors. I went to HRP last night and ran with my front runners and et streets for the first time. Someone told me to start with like 17psi---it handled like crap!! i know its a different ride but this was bad!! I spoke to someone else at the track and he said if its swaying too much lower it some more---IT got worse!!! I had to let off evertime i sprayed and almost lost it on my last run!! Today I talked to a guy with a 10 sec vette that runs the same tires and he said he goes no lower than 28psi. What psi should i run?????
Old 10-30-2006, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the lower the pressure the better it will hook, but the more it will sway at the high end.

just keep playing with the pressure til you find a medium ground that your comfortable with. ive had mine as low as 10 or 12 psi

mine are the same size on a 16 inch wheel if that makes a difference
Old 10-30-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badbird
the lower the pressure the better it will hook
Not necessarly. If the pressure is too low, the tire will 'cup', and you will lose effective tire surface to the ground.
True on the swaying of car if too low. Becomes dangerous at lower pressure. I have run mine at 12 psi and it was too scary. 13 is as low as I'll go now.