Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

OEM Z06 rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Z06 rims

hey guys..so about a month ago i installed oem genuine zo6 rims. I have a red 99 trans am and its lowered about 3 inches front and about 2 inches rear.Due to racing schocks up front and back are on order. When i bought them they told me i had to use spacers on them so i through a set of universal generic spacers on there for now till i found time to post this. the cars not moving cause i got my liscense suspended lol. Anyway are spacers really necessary? i thought id heard of people just bolting them on. And no im not confusing them for the 18x9 knockoffs although maybee this is the reason for the knockoffs huh!? anyway i have a 10mm spacer on there and im really impressed with the stance

so in closing i was wondering -are spacers necessary?
- if necessary, or if i just want to keep the stance, who makes a good spacer that is hubcentric etc that has a good reputation? i was talking to skulte performance and i really really like them but they need a measurement and i have no way to lift my car.My racing jack theats required to get my car off the ground is in nevada(the next state over) where my dad lives, until after thanksgiving when ill see him. heres a copy of what he sent me msybee one of you guys'll know!

Josh,
The medium thickness spacers are in a grey zone. We'd like to have the
wheels supported by the centering lip on the hub (if the spacer is thin
enough), or machine the spacers thick enough, so the spacers have their
own
lip. We need about 1/8" material to have the lip, so the spacers would
be as
thick as the hub lip + 1/8". I think for a 10mm spacer it might be
possible.
Could you measure the height of the lip on your axle? Another
alternative
would be to run 3/4" (19mm) bolt on wheel adapters. Since they have
their
own studs, the strength is the same as your factory hub (and it's what
I run
with the Z06 rims on our twin turbo Camaro as well), and vibrations
will
never be an issue. and that was from andris

please help guys i really like the way the f1 supercar tires stick to the ground and at their prices this is the only set ill ever enjoy i dont want to spend it whobbling to work lol!!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im sorry i ment to post this is the wheel forums! how do i move it? does a moderator have to do it?
Old 11-07-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

doesnt anybody have any input? i thought this was a fairly common issue and i thought id get a response right away!